Stage 2 Build after 30 years of Building Engines

Nice work. You're ready to tackle a complete set of headers now. :)
The pic came out a little blurry. I had my Tig Master do this one for me. He finally had some time to come from Alberta Esso Pipelines. Took me hours to cut it right. Took him minutes to Weld it..But he did give me a crash course on the Welding while he was here. So doing a set will be a little complicated for now..:)

Looking good Joe but I don;t see the AC compressor , where are you mounting it?:)

working like a turtle these days. more pics
DVC01335.JPG
DVC01333.JPG
DVC01334.JPG

No lessons needed..........I;m cleaning things up........I wold suggest you wrap that cross over pipe that is a lot of wasted heat.........that could be turned into spooling..

No lessons needed..........I;m cleaning things up........I wold suggest you wrap that cross over pipe that is a lot of wasted heat.........that could be turned into spooling..
Thanks Norbs and Scoob..
Wrapping was already on my mind. The IC pipes will run close and so will the lower rad Hose. Driver side will be somewhat a challenge to figure out.

Looks awesome. If I may make a suggestion, it would be to buy a quality fuel pressure regulator (Weldon) in place of what you have. This setup should make some pretty big numbers, and it would be a shame if anything got hurt due to that regulator.

wow Joe...looking great!...:eek:...Too bad I didn't see it last time I was at your house....I guess it'll have to wait 'till spring!...:(

Take care and keep up the good work!...

Claude. ;)

Thanks Claude for the heads up. And thanks again for the Linkage Ball. Worked very well. Now the Linkage is on, and I finished up on the Boost Control location. I used a 1/4" Plexiglass as a mounting board, and a 1/8" as for the finish Plate.
DVC01371.JPG
DVC01356.JPG
DVC01361.JPG
DVC01362.JPG
DVC01364.JPG
DVC01366.JPG
DVC01367.JPG
DVC01368.JPG
Also started on the 4" DP today. I want as little Joints as possible on the DP. Mike you were right about me having to cut out the Inner Fender. I was not that much of a Heart Break since their was cracks in it. So I did not feel so bad. Once the Dp is finished I will use a strip if Door Guard to make a nice finish.
MOVIN ON....:)

Looks really good. Look how easy it will be to swap plugs on that side. From what I've seen hear, thats not common on stage 2 headed cars.

Stop it Mike!!! You making me Blush!! Cannot compare to your kind of work. The Wastegate Dump and the Lower Hose will be the Challenge as I have no room to spare. I do not want to connect the WG Dump to the DP.
I am aiming for the end of Feb, as I have some Control Arm Braces to weld on and Aluminum Body Bushings to install. The Notching and the 10 Point Cage will come during the Summer as I have to get this car out for March.

Looks really good. Look how easy it will be to swap plugs on that side. From what I've seen hear, thats not common on stage 2 headed cars.

Ya I wish I had it that easy, 2 hours for me to pull plugs...........

some last pics before I start it and install new Taylor Custom fit wires. These are too short and came with the
Distributor purchase and were made for non Stage Heads. Notice the Dump was made to go through the passenger side Inner Fender. The only place left I had to pass it. If all goes well I should be ready to start it on Saturday...:)

Attachments

• DVC01381.JPG
    DVC01381.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 202
  • DVC01385.JPG
    DVC01385.JPG
    436.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DVC01397.JPG
    DVC01397.JPG
    420.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DVC01398.JPG
    DVC01398.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 203
  • DVC01401.JPG
    DVC01401.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DVC01402.JPG
    DVC01402.JPG
    410.6 KB · Views: 219
  • DVC01403.JPG
    DVC01403.JPG
    412.2 KB · Views: 190
  • DVC01404.JPG
    DVC01404.JPG
    425.2 KB · Views: 207
  • DVC01405.JPG
    DVC01405.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 228
  • DVC01407.JPG
    DVC01407.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 198
Awesome work Joe, looks great. Just a little food for thought. Your going to need to to open that hole up a lot more (at least 2.5" all around) where you have the wastegate dump running. I did a similar thing with mine on the passenger side inner fender, and one day at the track (2 passes) and it melted and distorted the plastic large. The heat that comes out of that in one pass is all it takes.

Awesome work Joe, looks great. Just a little food for thought. Your going to need to to open that hole up a lot more (at least 2.5" all around) where you have the wastegate dump running. I did a similar thing with mine on the passenger side inner fender, and one day at the track (2 passes) and it melted and distorted the plastic large. The heat that comes out of that in one pass is all it takes.
Ya, I kind of thought of that. I will keep an eye on that. If it does I will take care of it.
Thanks..