Stage 2 Build after 30 years of Building Engines

DVC01205.JPG
I replaced the Heater Box with an Alum. Plate. Needed more room for these Monster Heads...:)

Norbs, here is a pic of the underneath of the Turbo Bracket ( Mike Special ) and the Master Cylinder Rod for the Manual Master.
DVC01206.JPG
DVC01090.JPG

Joe,

What kind of valve material are you using on the exhaust side? Doesn't look like Titanium. I was wondering if it's inconel or a super duty valve of some sort?

Neal
Hi Neal,
Confirmed that they are Iconel Valves. The guy told me that they cost him about $80 per Valve. Apparently he spent well over $800 just on Valves.

Joe,

Thanks for the info. That's what I'm planning on using on my Stage II heads also.

Neal

Looks good! That turbo bracket is pretty slick. So, when do you think you'll have this beast running?

Looks good! That turbo bracket is pretty slick. So, when do you think you'll have this beast running?
I had to put the car on hold for a few Months. I might get the engine started in October. But by then I will just store the car for the winter and continue on finishing it all the way with the 10 point cage, Chute and Wheelie Bars. This way I have nothing to think about when May comes around. I am going to try to hit Bowling Green next year if God's Will...:)

Here are some more pics I am working on.........
stage 2 progress pic.JPG
stage 2 progress pic 2.JPG

You guys can still get small cans of R-12 freon I'm jealous! :D

Neal
No Neal that is r12A which contains Propane and butane, which is banned in many states, but legal in Canada. It makes a nice spacer too.

Holy God Norbs. Looks like you have more work than I have left.. Get off the couch and stop eating scammer Bears..lol Get Brad over and make his hands get dirty..:)

Holy God Norbs. Looks like you have more work than I have left.. Get off the couch and stop eating scammer Bears..lol Get Brad over and make his hands get dirty..:)

I have a long way to go............I doubt I'll be out this year at all..........looks pretty bad right now.

Knowing my luck it will be another dyno flop,,,,,,,,,,,,but on another note Joe what was the boost levels on those runs 38 psi?????????

So after 3 Months we are back on track. Pics from last night. The Crossover is finally welded. New Rad and IC is on.

Attachments

• RJC Cooler.JPG
    RJC Cooler.JPG
    450.6 KB · Views: 215
  • crossover.JPG
    crossover.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 244
  • engine view.JPG
    engine view.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 234
  • interior before.JPG
    interior before.JPG