Spring Fling part two -- "The re-try"

"I think we will have to cruise downtown Chelsea"

Bob....yeah, that will take all of 4 minutes ;-)

Still, it would be cool to all pull into one of the food places and park together.

For those who don't know, Chelsea is home to Chrysler proving grounds so there are all kinds of sport trucks and other somewhat quick (Viper) cars tooling around. Unfortunately there are also a few Neons with HUGE wings to be found as well. There is even a green Charger to be seen at the park from time to time.

Last year we were graced with a Mustang and Honda with fart can. They were in awe and kept a respectable distance from us.

I have told my club (Michigan Buick Turbo Club) that May 10th is the day so maybe some of them will show as well.

Please do :)

I don't remember how I got the word to them last year but that might have been what I did.

Thanks

Doh, my wedding is Memorial Day weekend, and the wedding party's Cedar Point trip is the 10th. Guess I won't be making it this year either... She's got a shower on the 3rd that I need to try to avoid. I think there's something going on for us on the 17th too, but I can't remember what. Other than that, I think I'm pretty much taken up through June. =( Sorry guys, but the girl who drove me to the fourth state over to get the Sy is at the top of my list...

show

Well you are closer than Coldwater and weather permitting
you would be the place to be.

John

so this is gonna be may 10th for sure correct? i am gonna take that day off on my schedule book at work if it is...

Aye, looks like it is May 10th. Maybe my GN will have road coverage by then.........

If any of you are planning on attending shoot me an e-mail. I am keeping a spreadsheet going with name, car, and e-mail so I can notify if something changes and get an estimated head count.

billm@baseview.com

Todd, cool.......glad you will try to attend :)

So far there are six of us?

Don
Bob
Todd
ME
Twins
Bob

Steve? Evenn though you are TR-less...swing on out :) Would be cool to meet up.

Last year Jason D stopped by an he was TR-less.
Jason? Going to swing by again? :)

Of course this is a 'weather permitting' event so as the date draws closer I shall brush up on my anti-rain dance.

Twins, if you can attend what will you be bringing?

I'm in for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna pressure Nocooler pretty hard and maybe he'll bring BigSix with him. (BigSix has an 87 GN that's down do to BIG $ in the trans then the cam started walking around. He does have a cool project going...a 86 cougar 2.3 turbo with his GN I/C and SMC fabbed on. Nice rust free southern car. Should run with my Jeep!!!J/K Trav:D )

OTHRWMN has a family and has lost a little of the TR lust (he's keeping his T but the trans getting soft and he has a 'Burban getting wheels/tires, and a video system, and a 60's Jeepster getting a full resto.) I'll try, but who knows.

My Dad will probably bring his down and with Nocoolers T and my GN and TY I'll be toten 4 total.

Looks like 93TY#2185 will be there from SYTY.net but the SY guy by me thinks his wedding plans are more important.:rolleyes: :D

I hired another person so I could take weekends off for the summer......this is just the kind of thing I want to do.

So.......My GN, TY, dad's GN, and Nocoolers T. (Of course provided they are all moving under there own power.) TY#2185 (Good Guy BTW 13.0 on a chip, filter, and gas).

Of course it's snowing after a weekend of no power and the TY is still in the paint booth with the search for the factory fog light brackets still on in full force....the GN is waiting for an EMC swap-the 49 that should be back from Limited tomm-and it's cover to be taken off. It's hard to think that this is 5 weeks away when it's 20 outside.

I'll see ya all 5-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

In the last ice storm I lost power for 10 hours and my house got down to 52 degrees:mad:

Supposed to be 55 in two days though. Hopefully I get this surging problem at highway speeds fixed or its going to be a long drive down:eek: . Oh well I am going short of a snapped crank:D

just for your info i will have MANY aftermarket parts installed on my car before the fling so if anyone has any doubts about buying a certain product for their car...i will personally show you on my car first hand!:D :D :D

my car is the true definition of bolt ons ONLY:cool:

OK people......we need to pick up the pace here :)

So far the Ty and SY crowd are as numerous as the TR and TTA (none yet) crowd.

If everyone shows as of now there will be:

6 TR
1SY
4TY

TTA people? Anyone???

I can probably make that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to Norwalk too. :)

The place is a park in Chelsea (maybe the ice cream place or a bank lot). Exit 159 off of I-94.

I will give specific directions once I find the best place.

Time? We could start arriving around 10 am if that is not too early. Spend most of the day checking each other's cars out and looking down our noses as the lesser cars that will show up and try to hang out ;-)