Spring Fling part two -- "The re-try"

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
Last year I tried to get some TR's, TTA's, and SY/TY's together in one parking lot. The weather was iffy in mid April so this year I am thinking mid May.

I am looking to attract turbo cars/trucks from all around but I realize it may be quite a drive for some of you just for a day of hanging out.

Last year we had:
2-Ty and 5 GN's, including d0n_3d (Don) from IN :)

These are the two Saturdays I am considering:

May 10th and May 24th.

Is one better than another for any of you? If the weather looks crappy (did last year but turned out to be a beautiful day) we can try again next year.

If enough people are going to attend we can cook out on the grills in the park or just make a run for the local fast food joints.

The place is Chelsea Michigan, exit 159 off of I-94. Specific directions will follow if this thing happens.

I would like to try and make it this year. I am currently car-less. Nothing in the garage, my Chevelle just sold today:mad:

24th sounds good......last year it looked like it was going to be to crappy for a 2 hour drive. Hindsight being what it is.....oh well.

Maybe my better half will be into it and I can bring both.

Thanks for organizing this.

Sorry my PC sat idle waiting to post for too long, Memorial day weekend would be hard.

Memorial day is the 27th.

The Coldwater car show is on the 10th&11th of may.
I could make the 24th no problem.
Hopefully the turnout will be a little bigger this year.

Yeah Memorial Day seems early this year :-(

Let me check with my wife. Maybe I can swing it the weekend in between -- 17th.

OR....June 7th (still Spring).

Thoughts?

i can make any date... just pick one and i will take the day off from work (i have great flexibility with my work):D

my car should be all finished by then...planning on adding dual nozzle alky and a new 3" DP replacing my crappy postons unit...oh and also i am adding the atr sway bar and lower control arms...

last year was really fun...we had a red viper drive by and rev at us...obviously he didn't know who he was reving at! i got to get my first track racing experience too...ran a 13.2 @ 106 on crappy street tires and a .70 reaction time for my first ever run...hehehe

Well the wife says no to May 17th so what does everyone think of June 7th?

If not it looks like May 10th is the date.

We can spend the day troubleshooting Don's code 44!!! :)

I'll make the 10th work if it's on...........June 7th is my Mom's B-day. Not very nice.....she's had to suffer thru a couple of Nats. and numerous roadside repairs with TR's.

Sometimes they go outta town (leaving Dad's GN at home!!!she refuses to count on it making a trip) but I won't know till it gets closer.

Plus in early mid June people start to have openhouses for high school grads, just a thought.

I agree, lets make it May 10th. Sounds like a deal. Anyone bringing wives or kids, or should I leave em home:D

Ok then......is it the 10th? Sorry to those going to the Coldwater affair :-(

I forgot about graduation in early June.....been too long since I graduated High School....

Everyone want to do the 10th? If the weather is bad we could try for the June weekend. I will leave it up to you guys but I think the 10th is winning this vote.

Do we want to do dogs and pop or just hit the fast food places?

OK the 10th. I'll bring both (provided they are both moving under there own power).

My GF will have to drive one so I guess I vote yes on wifes, ect., and as far as kids.......don't have any and I'm sure all of my fellow TR enthusists 'runts respect shinny black cars so why not?!:)

Dogs-FF no matter to me. Lets beg Mother Nature for some sun.

Remember this is just 5 weeks away......plan now!! (Coming from the king of all procrastinators.)

Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by Renthorin

Do we want to do dogs and pop or just hit the fast food places?

I think we will have to cruise downtown Chelsea and look for a nice restaurant (and that red Viper):cool:

it doesn't matter to me...may 10th is fine with me...yeah we all need to troubleshoot my code 44 problem...you guys will see...you will have all the answers and my car will continue to do it...i have tried EVERYTHING i tell ya! (except tear apart the motor!)

a grill out would be awesome weather permitting...