Sport Wagon?

MNcarbturbo

What's Fuel Injection?
I bought a 78 buick literature book and noticed in it that in 78 you could get a Century sport wagon package. Anybody ever seen one of these? It looks like they just had the F41 package and the "Hawk" on the fenders.

From my understanding they did not make turbo Centurys in 78 and thus no turbo wagons, but thats only for 78.

Just wondering if anybody has seen a sport wagon.

Turbo Century's were only in 1979 & 1980 and not offered as wagons. I don't remember ever seeing a Sport Wagon.

Turbo Century's were only in 1979 & 1980 and not offered as wagons. I don't remember ever seeing a Sport Wagon.

Behold! The 1979 Buick Century Wagon ... complete with rally rims! (Yes, not a turbo, but that would be kinda cool to see)

1979 Buick Century Custom and Special Wagons.jpg

Nice to see you on again there bud.:) It would be cool to see a turbo sport wagon built with a draw through system on it.

If I found a nice 78-80 Century wagon and a sport coupe hood Id take the motor out of my cutlass and put it in the wagon. Then id either build a 455 olds for it or stick a turboed LSX in it.

God do I have project ideas. Dont get me started on a 2wd turbo jeep cherokee, a supercharged 3800 skyhawk, finishing the firebird, an LSX S10 with a bravada nose ect.

I'd do the same. If I ever found a century/regal wagon I'd do a draw through setup and run some ***** lookin 14 buick rallys on it. alky injection and 21/2 in single exhaust

Also, In the January 1990 issue of Muscle Cars magazine, on page 20 & ff, there is an article titled "Suburban Guerillia: Buick plugs a Turbo V6 GN engine into a wagon with remarkable results!" ... issue for sale on Ebay

Hi just read your thread about the Buick sport wagon option. I had one. It was an 81 Century wagon. It had these black plastic pieces that were pop riveted onto the B pillars. The door frames were painted black as well. The rear windows on the sides were a black rubber "gasket" with chrome insert in them to match the chrome trim surrounding the black paint on the door frames. The car also came with 14" sport rims with white walls. The car also had dual sport mirrors. This car was a one owner car that was in storage for a long time so I could assume it was all original.

Cool, I was wondering if they actually existed but it turns out they do!

So if it was an 81 there is a small chance Buick built a turbo wagon, MAYBE.

Also, In the January 1990 issue of Muscle Cars magazine, on page 20 & ff, there is an article titled "Suburban Guerillia: Buick plugs a Turbo V6 GN engine into a wagon with remarkable results!" ... issue for sale on Ebay

This would most likely be the full sized Buick Estate(RWD Electra) that Buick stuffed a GNX motor in back around 88-90. It was at the GSCA nationals back around 92-93 IIRC. I wonder what happened to it? I did not see it on the list of cars that GM auctioned off during the 09 Heritage Center B-J auction.

Also the Century Sport Wagon had a Painted bumper option. I have the parts listed in an old GM parts catalog. The front bumper was a 3 piece unit with the outer end caps seperate from the main center bar. It was supposed to be an option for the Century SC/TC but I dont think it made it to production since I have never seen one in the flesh. The rear bumper listed for both the coupe and wagon was a one piece however. I'm assuming it was a steel unit. And there was an aluminum reinforcement bar listed for the wagon rear bumper just like the 81-87 Regal coupes.I bought a reinforcement new back in 79 for my than brand new autocrossing 79 ElCamino. I remember seeing a CSW in an old movie that was probably made back around 80-82. I do remember it was a two tone blue and on the Sci-Fi channel. Plenty of scenes of it sliding down a dirt road before it ran into a tree or guardrail IIRC.Smewhere there is a thread here about reproducing the Hawk decals on the fenders. I have a pair of black NOS decals I bought back in the 80's.

I never saw a factory turbo wagon. I did find a 79 4 door sedan(the funky areo hatchback one) at the U-Pull-It in Omaha back around 95 though. And there used to be 80-81 4 door sedan running around the area with a turbo hood althoughI was never able to confirm whether it was a turbo or not. It's hard to decypher the order manual from Buick. I got the impression that you could have ordered the turbo motor in any model of Century for 78-80 anyway.

you could get the 4 door hatch with turbo. my aunt and uncle had one. i remember riding in it and asking him what the turbo lights were for. I remeber later in the conversation he told my stepdad that the engine had no nuts

I like the white one...without that hood.

Attachments

• wag2.jpg
    wag2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 201
  • wag3.jpg
    wag3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 199
  • wag.jpg
    wag.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 202