Sorry...Q about HOT WIRING the FP

bryguy

BACK IN BLACK !!!
I should have included this with my last thread but, If say indeed I am running a Walbro intank FP, what R the gains of Hot wiring this?????HELP I am clueless when it comes to this perticular item. Thanks
Bryan:eek:

It supplies more voltage to the pump, allowing it to perform better. I tested my wiring before and after, voltage went up from ~ 12.2 to 13.9v. You aren't going to feel it, but it's just a little added insurance to keep from leaning.

bryguy:

i recently hotwired my walbro 307 in preparation for installing my SMC alcohol kit. I actually had to drop my fuel pressure (adjustable regulator) because it was 4 pounds higher after the install.

I would DEF do it ... inexpensive, EZ to install and nice to know you won't have a problem supplying the voltage to the pump at all times.

My $.01 HTH

Warning!!!!!!

Not all Hotwire kits are created equal.

I had mine on the car for 6 months and started to have pump problems. The solenoid would shut off or not come on when starting. Long story short, I got under the car, depinned the connectors and soldered all the pins to wires. Never had a problem since.

I know there is at least one vender that sells them like this, I would recomend buying that one or insisting on it being done by any vendor that doesn't normally solder their connections.

Hope everyone thinking about a hotwire kit reads this and takes it to heart so they don't have to go through what I did (Major PITA)

I installed the Casper's Electronic's hotwire kit. I hadn't heard any prob's with them.

What manufacturer did you find this problem with, TTA?