Sometimes you just gotta start over....

ut oh :cool:

I always like that sound of the first vmph ! ! !

Later AJ

Nah, he was teasing me :). VMP is Virginia Motorsports Park near Richmond, he just left out the when. Please post when you guys know for sure, and when - I feel like a short road trip since I couldn't get down to NC for the bash last weekend.

Eric installing trans shield. brakes are bled, parachutes mounted one more #12 fitting for the fuel system, oiling system done and primed. looking to fire it up about lunch time tomorrow.

Attachments

• 10-21-08 002.jpg
    10-21-08 002.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 916
  • 10-21-08 005.jpg
    10-21-08 005.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 938
  • 10-21-08 006.jpg
    10-21-08 006.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 924
Hey Shane, VMP's web site says they are having a big truck racing event this weekend. Doesn't look like any cars will be running - is there another track you can hit?

Hey Shane, VMP's web site says they are having a big truck racing event this weekend. Doesn't look like any cars will be running - is there another track you can hit?

I am going to be in Virgina, I would love to see the car let us Know!!:)

Did she fire today?:confused:

No Randy is checking and rechecking everything over again. That is normal for him:biggrin: Plus we where rushing so much last week, they just want to make sure we didn't miss anything...

HOPEFULLY FIRE UP TODAY!

It looks and sounds GREAT guys. Good job, and Godspeed to ya!

You know......Godspeed....that's even faster than the Millenium Falcon! Maybe not as fast as SpaceballONE in "Spaceballs", though. (it goes "Ludacris speed") For those that haven't seen it: YouTube - Ludicrous speed, GO! Jay, you'll have to get one of those "Ludacris speed meters" for the car. Might come in handy.:D

Great! Sounds like an alcohol engine. It'll sound better when some heat builds up in the engine.

Don't be stingy with the fuel at transition.

One more tip. The alcohol makes a lot of water as a byproduct of combustion. If you're going to start the engine, make sure you reach operating temp before you shut it down for the night. On a cold start, water will collect in the cylinders. When you shut the engine down without enough heat in it, the water will sit around the rings and create rust rings in the cylinder. Nothing major, but you will see them when you tear the engine down if you let this happen. Speaking from experience. Don't just start the engine up for every Tom, Dick and Harry if you're not prepared to fully warm it up.

There's going to be a lot more to think about and take care of when running pure alcohol.