So everyone what do you think of these OG kenne bell headers?

links wont work try these pics ...coming in six weeks for 699 a set perhaps original kb jig headers?

KB Headers

They are a very nice design, equal primaries to a collector not a log type header so they have better flow characteristics. KB used to say the design of crossover into passenger side header was designed as to have a smoother transition and not interfere/disrupt exhaust flow out of passenger side header, so the flow from both banks was not as turbulent(run into each other) but more laminar(flowed together smoothly to turbo) which equated to responsive spool up.

That SS sure polishes up nice. Quite a few Years ago a friend of mine asked Mr. Dutweiller when he picked up his rebuild, what he thought were the best aftermarket headers out there(at the time not alot to choose from , and TA's weren't around) he liked KB's then ATR's and lastly Hookers . Are you pickin up a set or are they goin to be available for 650, those are sure nice. They'll look good on that engine of yours.

...so can anyone tell if these are the same as the kenne bell headers?...and if so how do they stand up to the ta ones as they seem to be top on the market at this point?

That pass crossover is suspect. Imagine the rattling when it bangs off the DP when you torque the engine. I would rather have the T/A or ATR design. This is my observation, and is not intended to offend anyone. Brian

KB headers

Was looking for old Kenne Bell Catalog must have misplaced it. As it had drawings of the headers available at that time and you could compare the differences as all 3 brands were on same page. Showed the differences and compared flow. Also talked about the reason they didn't increase diameter of crossover. I'll keep looking for it and post pics if I can find it.

I've been wondering what kind of headers my car came with. Now I know, thanks.
Mine are mild steel, the crossover doesn't bang on the DP at all. My setup is kind of different though, it has 3 bolt headers with a 4 bolt adapter on them with the WG hooked into the adapter. My turbo is in a much different position than stock & so is the DP.

I have a set of the Kenne Bell headers i bought from them in 1997 they are the mild steel and not as pretty as those polished stainless steel ones in the photos.

I bought them because i was tired of the stock ones cracking. ;)

The Bell headers were nice.. better flanges than the ATRs and the crossover was a little different. If they're going to be sold for $699 and they're stainless, it's probably a safe bet they are being outsourced or someone ordered like 100 sets of them.

The Bell headers were nice.. better flanges than the ATRs and the crossover was a little different. If they're going to be sold for $699 and they're stainless, it's probably a safe bet they are being outsourced or someone ordered like 100 sets of them.

is that why the pics were removed????

is that why the pics were removed????

Interesting.. I didnt remove those pictures although it says I did. I also didnt edit the posts. I did delete the post and restore it but I DID NOT edit any of his posts.