Smoke him or let him wonder??

bumpinregal

Alright guys. Im at work. There is this guy that thinks his cars are the shat. We all know a guy like this. Always talkin crap then nice to your face. He brought in a 89 mustang gt today with nitrous. hes running a 75 shot. of course he says my car wouldnt stand a chance cause its a 6 cylinder. Stupid redneck. hehe Im not picking on rednecks cause I am one but im picking on the stupid ones. :D I have a 87 gn mostly stock. K&N filter, chip and boost controller running 15 psi. What do you think. Smoke him or just let him wonder???

From what you describe, he should drop you in a cloud of oil blowby as he hits the button! Gn's are great but near stock is just another grocery getter today.

Ummmmm, hate to say this but ya might lose this one. If you are 'mostly' stock and running only 15lbs boost that might not be enough to take him. Are you sure he's only running a '75 shot'?? Your probably better off doing a few more 'cheap' mods and then run him. Let him talk **it, it'll just make him look even more like a fool when you do run him, IMO. Good luck.

Ken

Ummmmm, hate to say this but ya might lose this one. If you are 'mostly' stock and running only 15lbs boost that might not be enough to take him. Are you sure he's only running a '75 shot'?? Your probably better off doing a few more 'cheap' mods and then run him. Let him talk **it, it'll just make him look even more like a fool when you do run him, IMO. Good luck.

Ken

The only problem for him is His car is a 5 speed and he has a led foot. I have seen him race before and he likes to spin the tires. But ok enough said this was the calming down i needed. Ill update the situation when I do some more upgrades.

don't embarrass yourself.. a few mod's an turn the boost up!! otherwise just do the "bench" racing stuff :p

If he is only running a 75 shot you may give him a good race but if he is holding anything he will hand you your hat!

If he hooks your done even if he didnt i think hed walk away through 2nd and 3rd. Get alky and DR's and take his lunch money

sounds like he is setting you up.

i would steer clear until you truly know what hes capable of.

ive lost alot of money letting my "Ego" get the best of my brain.

A.j.

or just drop some funny gas in yer ride too.

Thanks guys hes just one of those guys that gets under your skin. He makes me feel like Im in high school. And if I was id knock him down and take his lunch money. hehe. He had me pretty rilled up but I think he was just setting me up. I took out all my negative energy with a buffer and glazed my car. Much better

A freakin stock 89 GT with a 75 shot? If you hook and he doesn't you will smoke him... IF HE IS STOCK! If he just got it he probably can't drive it and will miss gears in a race... Get to the track get race gas raise the boost and hand him his ass:biggrin:

Now a days a stock 89 Mustang is comparable to a needle in a haystack. Prolly has exhaust and gear minimum if he's packing spray. Just my opinion. My guess is that the GT is prolly in the LOW 13's on the spray.:cool: To the OP.........Adj Wastegate, Afpr, TT Chip and D/r's. He won't know what hit em!

I dunno youd be suprised what had nitrous on it these days...Here in westland a few years ago Flomasters an h pipe and a small shot of nitrous was common i worked at auto zone and ive seen nitrous thrown on a LUMINA before so if hes as big an idiot as he sounds that may be all he has i say wait for him to run someone and be there to witness it but youll prolly hand him his ass anyway..My car is stock and my fox body win to loss ratio is drastically on my side..theres a lotta guys that talk big s#$t and there car cant back it up just be smart about it....

instead of bench racing, why don't you go to the track & find out what your GN will do. I am guessing you will be in the mid 14's.

Don't know much about stangs but he could be in the mid 14 to 13's.

Once you get a base line start making some minor mods to your gn & watch the time slips get lower et's

My GN bone stock was 14.8, 14.7.
I put in a chip it went down 14.4
I put in a air filter 14.3
Borrowed drag radials 13.9
I put in a cat bypass 13.8
Sold the car for big money & got my turbo t. I like T's better. more comfy with bench seat & astro roof.

If I kept going I would have done a downpipe, bigger injectors & turbo tweak chip. I bet it would have been 13 flat give or take.

Contact Pronto he has made great incremental downward movement in ET
Lots of great help on this site or guys to talk with.

How much alky do I Have to run "percentage wise" with 92 octane to run higher boost. I have a adjustable wastegate with a manual boost controller so I can boost way up no problem. But I pit for a guy at a local dirt track and I can pick up some alky there friday.
List of mods if you didnt catch it before:
Air filter
Chip
Cat bypass
manual boost controller
Really wide back tires hehe they rub on the exhaust
All tuned up even new plugs and accel wires

Any other cheap tips on making if faster? Im on a budget this summer.

what chip? you got a scan tool?...better save for a few more goodies

but tell him this...Mustangs are like Tampons...every Puss has one

The only problem for him is His car is a 5 speed and he has a led foot. I have seen him race before and he likes to spin the tires.

You should tell him "spinning ain't winning". Or better yet don't tell him that...let him spin them out of the hole at the tree, and you get your car to hook...it will mean by the time he's able to get any grip you'll be half way down the track....oh and since his car is a 5 speed that's even better...means you in an auto will be more consistent.

Of course once you beat the pants off of him be prepared to hear the excuses fly...

How much alky do I Have to run "percentage wise" with 92 octane to run higher boost. I have a adjustable wastegate with a manual boost controller so I can boost way up no problem. But I pit for a guy at a local dirt track and I can pick up some alky there friday.
List of mods if you didnt catch it before:
Air filter
Chip
Cat bypass
manual boost controller
Really wide back tires hehe they rub on the exhaust
All tuned up even new plugs and accel wires

Any other cheap tips on making if faster? Im on a budget this summer.

I'm not sure you understand. When talking about alky here people are generally talking about an add on alcohol injection kit, not mixing alcohol with gasoline. You will mess up your car if you do that. It takes about twice as much alcohol to support the same amount of power that you can get with gas. If you mix alky with pump gas you will run way lean on stock injectors. Bye-bye engine parts. Race gas is another story though. You can mix but the best option would be to drain the tank and run straight race gas then up your boost to what ever it can support. There are formulas for making race gas by adding certain chemicals but it may be a hit or miss on quality control.

Formula would be 2 gals of Toulene per 11 gals of fuel for bump in Octane to around 100 with 93 as base...........If I remember