Michigan Telegraph Cruise Kill

SS502

Out with the good, In with the Bad!
Hey all, took the wife to the Telegraph Cruise ( Westsiders version of Woodward Cruise ) Cool event, tons of really cool cars as well as turds..lol. Did about a 10 mile loop just checking out everything when I notice a newer blue mustang trying to catch up to me. Told the wife to be ready because I know he wants to go. Gets along side of me, has window tint and windows up so can't see if a guy or girl, but had the 5.0 tags on the fender so I figure it to be a 2012. Sounded good & had a ground efffects kit on it. So it gives me a beep, I give em a thumbs up. It gives 3 more beeps and it's on. Put a car on him instantly..let off..traffic. We slow down and off we go again, same result... so I'm laughing cause the wife has never been in a race in this car & she's grinning ear to ear. Guy pulls up again with windows down..now I know it's a dude in his 30's with another guy in pass. seat. He asked if I was running twin turbos...lmao. I know he thinks that's the only reason he couldn't get the jump on me. I tell him the scoop, just a TA49 and a good tune... didn't seem to happy. But there were lots of witnesses and I'm hoping someone on the board from MI got to see it. Made my wifes day. This is my first GN and the wife thought I was crazy when I got it. I've only had big block chevelles and a pro street & now I think the wife understands why I like these cars.
Was running 93 on 17lbs of boost. Can't wait to add the razor kit I just bought from a board member here and go cruising again. :) Got a set of steel champion heads, but won't install till I blow a gasket or winter sets in. But either way, next year should be real fun.
BTW.. Mustang was a very kickass looking car with the exhaust & ground effects kit, so not bashing the ford guys, but it picked me & I couldn't be happier with the result.

Thats the way to do it! Great kill. My friends that have a challenger rt and the GT500 won't leave the parking lot at the same time that i do..LOL They are afraid we will end up at the stop light together.

Good kill. Keep up the good work.

Not trying to hijack this thread but...
Thats the way to do it! Great kill. My friends that have a challenger rt and the GT500 won't leave the parking lot at the same time that i do..LOL They are afraid we will end up at the stop light together.
Same story, had a friend (Subaru WRX Owner) talk me into bringing the T to the jap car club meeting here in G'ville one night a few years ago to meet his buddy with the "built" WRX (wanted to see us line up and me loose). There were two hundred ricer's there in the K-mart parking lot, this was a mistake. I follow my buddy's WRX and park (instant crowd all wanting a race). I ignore them all lock the T and walk to the WRX crowd to meet the guy I'm supposed to loose to. We talk and he says he won't race, too many cops watch the cars leave and I agree I did not come here to race either. He asks me to take him for a ride though and I ablidge (cops don't follow one car out of the lot). We come back and he tells his buddies he would loose so we are not racing. Did meet up with him one day on the street and he had me by 4 car lengths off the line but was behind me easily at the top of second. I thought he'd have more car, he was a solid 12.5-12.8 car though.

Mikey

Good Ole Telegraph road!!! Takes me back to the 80's in the summers in Michigan boy do I miss those days. I witness alot of good races back then.

Hey all, took the wife to the Telegraph Cruise ( Westsiders version of Woodward Cruise ) Cool event, tons of really cool cars as well as turds..lol. Did about a 10 mile loop just checking out everything when I notice a newer blue mustang trying to catch up to me. Told the wife to be ready because I know he wants to go. Gets along side of me, has window tint and windows up so can't see if a guy or girl, but had the 5.0 tags on the fender so I figure it to be a 2012. Sounded good & had a ground efffects kit on it. So it gives me a beep, I give em a thumbs up. It gives 3 more beeps and it's on. Put a car on him instantly..let off..traffic. We slow down and off we go again, same result... so I'm laughing cause the wife has never been in a race in this car & she's grinning ear to ear. Guy pulls up again with windows down..now I know it's a dude in his 30's with another guy in pass. seat. He asked if I was running twin turbos...lmao. I know he thinks that's the only reason he couldn't get the jump on me. I tell him the scoop, just a TA49 and a good tune... didn't seem to happy. But there were lots of witnesses and I'm hoping someone on the board from MI got to see it. Made my wifes day. This is my first GN and the wife thought I was crazy when I got it. I've only had big block chevelles and a pro street & now I think the wife understands why I like these cars.
Was running 93 on 17lbs of boost. Can't wait to add the razer kit I just bought from a board member here and go cruising again. :) Got a set of steel champion heads, but won't install till I blow a gasket or winter sets in. But either way, next year should be real fun.
BTW.. Mustang was a very kickass looking car with the exhaust & ground effects kit, so not bashing the ford guys, but it picked me & I couldn't be happier with the result.