SMC vs. PAC

PAC, HANDS DOWN HAS THE BEST KIT ON THE MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention the best TECH SUPPORT offered by ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinoin he SHOWS RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

jds hit the nail right on the head! - PAC all the way, baby ! :biggrin:

Julio is the King of Alky!

"IN RAZOR WE TRUST"

:D

My SMC kit took me a whole 6 passes with alky. to get to the 11's in a stock longblock car.

Didn't have to email Steve or call him on his cell either. :p

No "no times yet" in the signature either. ;)

I don't trust just anyone regarding sales BS..... really. :cool:

The only thing that really matters after you lay the money down is what it's doing for you in your car?

1. Gee, let's see.... have only owned the GN for over a year and it's a work in progress- installed the kit in the fall... guess it's my fault no tracks are open in the winter in the Northeast :mad:

2. Don't really like to say bad stuff about other vendors products- the man asked me my opinion and I stated it- but since you opened it up- yes, I did have to call AND email Steve when the pump quit in his kit, and to his credit he took care of it right away ( for a fee, of course) :wink:

3.See number 1 - (at least I show my sig.) :rolleyes:

4. Sales BS.... I really don't understand this one- lots of good info on his site :cool:

5. The first thing you've said that makes sense! I'm very happy with my purchase. :)

Can't we all just get along!!!!!!!!!!

It's all good. Just glad we have the abilty to have choices over different systems for these cars and have some vendors that are willing to help and go to bat for us. Could be a much worse scenario for sure. I tend to yield on the positive side of things. :cool:

I have an SMC kit and I think I was one of the first in the area to go alky. I was new to the scene and was looking at new things. A lot of the old crusty dudes in the area were saying it wouldn't work and that I'd blow it up. Had one problem with my kit in 4-5 years and steve took care of it. I never really had to bother steve for tunning issues as I'm only running 12.0 @115mph. Steve probably wouldn't want me to say this, but I upgraded from a single to a double nozzle and after 3 attempts at paying him I finally gave up. He wouldn't take my money. It was only about $25, but I still like to keep things square.

On the other hand, I would not hesitate to buy one of razors kits. The 2 kits I would recommend would be smc and razor. In fact I may move my smc kit over to my DSM and put a PAC system on the GN. I want to hit 10s in the GN on 93 and alky it pure street trim (stereo system still in car).

like i stated before, i have used SMC, Devils and Razzors systems on differnt cars in my area. Tunned them all on the dyno with a wide band and direct scan

Bottem line -----THEY ALL WORKed flawless " and i didint need to call anybody"
I bought a PAC unit for my personal car, just beacuse Juilo supports the message board and is very active in the TR community.

I used the SMC kid for several years. It was an older one and I had nothing but great service from Steve. I have recently gone with RAZOR's kit and like it also. My PERSONAL feeling is there is room to grow with the Alchy control kit for me. Both have great service. Two different approches for the same end goal.
Fast on pump gas!

I have the SMC kit on my car and love it. The install is very clean and looks great. My car is not a tr but it has made over 600 to the wheels on 93 pump. IMHO you can't go wrong with SMC especially if you get their SS pump. Tuning with the kit was also a breeze.

I like the "look" of Razors... I hate the square container bolted on the fan with the pump inside.. I like a "stock" look . Melissa's new Gn had SMCs on it .. He ran 12.0s at 115 .. He had the same set up as Melissa except for the Alky .. She ran 11.4s @ 118... We put Razor's in the other day :eek: .. Track opens in 77 days :p there is allways a cheaper and easier way to skin a cat :biggrin: When I started thinkin about this I looked for guys that were running fast with it .. Julio's hands down :wink:

kshef! That would be great!! I second that! :)

Alot of Alky users emailed that their cockpit/helm never looked so good without the smc controller!!

and of course statisfied with performance. The original never fails! ;)

Dont try this at home

Here's your results :tongue:

And I am very satisfied :wink:

Attachments

• ttawheelsup.jpg
    ttawheelsup.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 515
Pac Rules!

I have been in vehicles with A. DIY B. SMC. C. PAC. The DIY dumping has its issues. 1st issue I experienced. Once in boost or should I say once the hobbs switch dumps the alky in the car it kept knock away but flooded the car & meanwhile trying to slow down the engine died. Hard to steer a battleship g body without power steering. Car was difficult to restart. Next smc hightech box with neat controls fully prepped, high dollar, best of the best built car couldnt run higher boost without issues. Put 110 in it the issues went away. The owner a friend was always lost with it. Pac performs! Proven performance, service & constant updates to provide better products, support, etc. Whats up with comparing 14 second gtp's with satan's alky to a buick anyways? Buicks did that on stock pizza slicer 215's :eek: Why is it always a dilemma? Everyone has an opinion but cant deny that PAC puts the #'s down all the time. ;)

duh

GNDen said:
Is that using the SMC kit??? Damn!! :)

no it is not with the smc kit. This is razor's car yesterday pulling busses on trailer queen race cars on pump gas & pac. Junk non roller motor with mostly stock crap & bolt ons. Consistently in the 10's.

GNDen said:
:tongue:

Can't beat' em Join em!! ;)
:biggrin:

Yep ... So tell us.. when will you be buying the SMC kit? I notice you had a knock issue on another thread..

:rolleyes:

Gotta go FAST!

Knock issue??? No, that's not me.

I had SMC on my last GN and I am in the process of picking up another low miled GN and am undecided on who to go with next to be honest. Why? Would you like to offer me a deal on yours!

It's weird how some SMC owners are afraid to post a reply to this thread. They private message me instead. I guess it's because you’re the moderator and they don't want a pissing contest. I guess that’s fair.

Heck, I might just go with your kit and have you install and tune it for free! :D :cool: