SMC vs. PAC

Cool deal! Thanks Nicksturbo. You actually made the 9th person raving about Steve and his kit. The others private messaged me stating their satisfaction. Cool. Thanks!!! :cool:

use both.. smc on the GN
PAC on the TTYpe .. i like both

and i have installed 2 devils kits on friends cars here , and they love em

Sweeeeeeeet!!

3 more Private messaged me for SMC... 1 for Devilsown... Damn! Seems like SMC is on top, hands down!!! Good for him. Keep up the great work and customer appreciation there! GO SMC!

for a basic setup that most are gonna set and leave they all will get the job done and make the customer happy. I am very happy with my PAC kit and haven't had a problem yet. Also ordered one for my dads 86. The amount of tuning and tweaking i can do is endless and has helped me run 27 psi on pump gas and alky without a problem so far. the best i could ever do on 110 was 24 psi on the same timing (23/21)

At first I thought this thread was whose car was faster mine or Steve's... once I sifted through it I realized it was one of those threads trying to incite issues between our systems.. These type of threads with here-say yield no results.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174792

Guess the real feedback is in general. :rolleyes:

Alcohol Power!

No, not at all. This thread isn't to incite issues between vendors. It's just giving the community a fair look at what users are experiencing. Owners/buyers need to make their own gut choices. This is just a reference tool for the majority satisfied. No reason to be in the defense at all. Users are entitled to state their experience and their progress for their product choice. Gives a little edge to the people stepping into the Alcohol arena :)

And what is it they are experiencing?

And how can you tell progress without supporting data?

And this edge you speak of... what makes it happen?

If you have a 13-14 second car.. almost anything will work. Start getting faster...12's..11's..10's... its gets tricky real quick...

Its not how much boost you run... but how fast you get from point A to point B. Notice the above word "tricky".

:redface:

This was set to be a broad overview...ex. Overall satisfaction on "bang for the buck", "easy installation", "familiarization & tunabilty" and "look & feel of the product" and of course; most of all, support!
Just a high level overview.

Heck, this isn't rocket science that is being done here. Buick developed and had the concept ready to be factory installed in 87 for the Turbo Regals. Chevy also had a set-up for their Monte Carlo SS to run nitrous out of the factory.

Now in today’s day and age there are so many "after market" vendors coming out with their kits to go fast. It's all about value+usability+reliability+RESULTS (and of course support) that = Overall Majority Satisfaction!

I have SMC but think Razor has the best support! Sounds like he knows his sh!t ! for tuning I would like to talk to him,can't get that from Steve. Steve sounds like a great guy,but Razor is more hands on with tuning!

WOW! Too funny

I am LMFAO!! One guy private messaged me stating that he would like to be anonymous cause he had called around for a alcohol kit and they all raved about what they developed, but I figured to post since this is hilarious (will cut and copy what was wrote) :eek:

SMC 's kit is high tech, new wave and cool looking. I have researched many and seen installation pictures of other alcohol kit manufactures but I must say I don't want no -HOME DEPOT BACKYARD MAKING SYSTEM LEACHED TO MY 29K MILE T-TYPE- I have seen these other manufacturers on the standing lines at the track and they look HORRENDOUS in a Buick regardless of what people say and amp up on this site. They can keep it. SMC all the way for me.

:confused:

GNDen said:
I am LMFAO!! One guy private messaged me stating that he would like to be anonymous cause he had called around for a alcohol kit and they all raved about what they developed, but I figured to post since this is hilarious (will cut and copy what was wrote) :eek:

SMC 's kit is high tech, new wave and cool looking. I have researched many and seen installation pictures of other alcohol kit manufactures but I must say I don't want no -HOME DEPOT BACKYARD MAKING SYSTEM LEACHED TO MY 29K MILE T-TYPE- I have seen these other manufacturers on the standing lines at the track and they look HORRENDOUS in a Buick regardless of what people say and amp up on this site. They can keep it. SMC all the way for me.

:confused:

Well at least you're not biased....On other boards these types of things get locked before they get into a p&^%ing contest.

Defensive?

GNDen said:
Why??? It's opinions. WHO IS GOING TO GET DEFENSIVE???? Hmmmm :rolleyes:

I have nothing to get defensive about. It's childish and a bit malicious to post anonymous ramblings from others on the topic.

Zzzzzooom!

Dude, It's giving readers in the Turbo Buick community a chance to see the experiences users are going through with different vendors products.... (HIGH LEVEL) That's all.... nothing more nothing less. Everybody needs to make their own decisions :)

Hey, nobody is knocking anybody here.