SMC vs. PAC

I have had both ... sold the 2 SMC kits and went with Razor's .. Melissa's 3661# GN ran 9.94 @ 138.14 in street trim with ALKYCONTROL'S kit.. really don't think I have much to say after that :p

I like the "look" of Razors... I hate the square container bolted on the fan with the pump inside.. I like a "stock" look . Melissa's new Gn had SMCs on it .. He ran 12.0s at 115 .. He had the same set up as Melissa except for the Alky .. She ran 11.4s @ 118... We put Razor's in the other day :eek: .. Track opens in 77 days :p there is allways a cheaper and easier way to skin a cat :biggrin: When I started thinkin about this I looked for guys that were running fast with it .. Julio's hands down :wink:
dam Dan that was an old SMC kit..

So I'll be in the market soon, however, reading this thread does nothing to educate a first time buyer. Here's my question.

What's the difference between the two? This from a pure techinical standpoint.

Thanks,

Rich

they both work great..

it comes down to

Price and preference , and customer support.. which both vendors do well

I'm biased because I bought Razor's. Here is the undisputable facts:

1.) Razor's kit includes very detailed instructions and everything you need.
2.) It includes a 3 bar map sensor to provide the necessary feedback to make it a true progressive system. Unless they recently started including it, SMC didn't include the $80 sensor.
3.) Razor's pump is much larger giving it an advantage on HP potential.
4.) Razor provides unequaled technical support through these boards, telephone, and at the big Buick events. There is no one (PERIOD) that comes even close to providing the support he does for our Buicks.
5.) The fastest pump gas with alky turbo Buick in the country (9.94 in the 1/4) has one of his alky kits on it.

Is it worth it? Hell yes.

Hopefully you will make the right chioce.

the SMC kit has a 3 bar map sensor in the controller.. no need to buy one..

So if it goes out.... you need a whole new controller?

nope, just send it to Steve and he will fix..

BTW i have SMC in the GN and Alkycontrol in the Ttype, so i can honestly tell you they both work great..