Selling a car to someone out of state

TType85

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Looking for opinions on the best way to handle selling a car to someone out of state. I have only sold locally before. They buyer is a long time board member.

The car is located in California and I have a clear title in hand. Buyer is across the country and will have the car shipped. What is the safest way to handle the transaction? Fed Ex payment (cashiers check?) then Fed Ex the title? What is the safest way to handle the transaction for both of us?

Once he set up a date for the car hauler to pick up the car, Have him wire the money to your bank. It'll take a couole days for the money to clear and then he can have it picked up

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Looking for opinions on the best way to handle selling a car to someone out of state. I have only sold locally before. They buyer is a long time board member.

The car is located in California and I have a clear title in hand. Buyer is across the country and will have the car shipped. What is the safest way to handle the transaction? Fed Ex payment (cashiers check?) then Fed Ex the title? What is the safest way to handle the transaction for both of us?

My opinion is to use a reliable, honest third party to handle the title and funds to disperse them when the car is delivered.

I just did this for a local GNX and out-of-state buyer.

kirban 2 cents worth

I have done more than a few also done a few like Nick Micale mentioned where I was the 3rd party

few critical points your name as seller needs to be notarized and buyers info filled out on your title....bank check making sure i clears prior to releasing the car also make sure buyer has gotten insurance on the car prior to it leaving your possession.

You can email buyer picture of the title work done protects both of you besides he won't need the title until he or she gets the car.

when I was buying them I used car dealer check so never was an issue.

good luck with your dealing