SE Turbo Front Mount Intercooler

cdsttype said:
no one seemed to mention the importance of sealing the intercooler
to the front panel another variable

There is no fancy sealing done on my Precision intercooler....just an efficient core doing it's job.

intercooler

ted, i have a cotton cooler if i get the wiring figured out ill have the car at reynolds and cal is going to work on the program we can check the air temp, :) oc,

odell4o8 said:
ted, i have a cotton cooler if i get the wiring figured out ill have the car at reynolds and cal is going to work on the program we can check the air temp, :) oc,
Odell, Ill be at Reynolds also if you need any help there

top gun said:
There is no fancy sealing done on my Precision intercooler....just an efficient core doing it's job.

Do you have some fancy holes drilled in your bumper to allow more air to the IC. I saw those on someone's car recently and wondered it they help.

Steve

Cooler

odell4o8 said:

Sounds good. We'll have a couple to check along with some other pieces, so this may be one of the best opportunities to get some data on some of the fast cars that will happen this year.

Don't worry about the wiring, Otto the great will be there too.

No fancy holes it's all bumper!

Attachments

• Dave TSM.gif
    Dave TSM.gif
    69 KB · Views: 248
Well maybe i lost a sale because of this thread, let's see are a few degree's cooler worth an extra $300-$500??
I remember not too long ago the Cotton's front mount was the biggest and baddest along with or some said better then a V1, now it seem's some people are almost saying it's junk.........i don't get it. :confused:

How many cars are running a new PTE front mount?
Does it come with intercooler pipes and is it ready to install out of the box?
What is the price, complete with pipes/hoses/clamps in a ready to install state?
How about the SE turbo intercooler, how many are on cars out there turning serious numbers?
Price etc.
If my memory recalls correctly i bought the Cotton's for $1100 complete.
If it does warm up more then others, maybe i will have to give it a little shot of nos to cool things down,lol.

GS_Nats_2004_May_19_B_169.jpg

Roy's car has some holes in the front bumper... Hey, whatever gets the job done! :cool:

What did Roys motor look like at BG? I know, Iwas pitted next to them.
Lots of burnt parts, Not sure why

KLHAMMETT said:
What did Roys motor look like at BG? I know, Iwas pitted next to them.
Lots of burnt parts, Not sure why

I was not there but if I remember correctly they torched a head as a result of the boost spiking to over 30lbs.... Other than that I believe there was not any other carnage, but they were not able to get the head fixed because the guy that could fix it was closed on Sat..

Last I heard they will be at Reynolds with the iron heads on the little 109.... If you will be at Reynolds you might get to see them break their own record! :biggrin: :cool:

86brick said:
I was not there but if I remember correctly they torched a head as a result of the boost spiking to over 30lbs.... Other than that I believe there was not any other carnage, but they were not able to get the head fixed because the guy that could fix it was closed on Sat..

Last I heard they will be at Reynolds with the iron heads on the little 109.... If you will be at Reynolds you might get to see them break their own record! :biggrin: :cool:
Ill be there,Be cool to see them again

Cheeseburger said:
Well maybe i lost a sale because of this thread, let's see are a few degree's cooler worth an extra $300-$500??
I remember not too long ago the Cotton's front mount was the biggest and baddest along with or some said better then a V1, now it seem's some people are almost saying it's junk.........i don't get it. :confused:

How many cars are running a new PTE front mount?
Does it come with intercooler pipes and is it ready to install out of the box?
What is the price, complete with pipes/hoses/clamps in a ready to install state?
How about the SE turbo intercooler, how many are on cars out there turning serious numbers?
Price etc.
If my memory recalls correctly i bought the Cotton's for $1100 complete.
If it does warm up more then others, maybe i will have to give it a little shot of nos to cool things down,lol.

No, it never was the baddest out there. It was just percieved as that.

Jack posted a HP rating on it on another thread....... 1000 HP, 50 more than the PTE standard unit. Things make sense now? :cool:

The cooler was claimed to have filled a hole in the market. I am not sure of this hole as the PTE unit, available, is a better buy for the $$ for a mere 50 HP rating less than the Jack cooler.

With the demise of the CAS stuff, there was a hole in the market (as our tests showed) which seems is getting some serious attention from the looks of the pieces coming out. :D

GN Owner looking for a GMC Syclone truck

I am new to the buick board and I currently own a 86 Grand National. I am interested in purchasing a GMC Syclone could anybody tell me where I can find one.