ROUND 2 My "ER" Visit! I am down but not out!

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I had them about 15 years ago and i know about the pain they cause and some of the side effects too. I wasn't able to do anything for almost a week,no eating, no drinking, no sleeping, no standing, couldn't even sit in one position to long, nothing until they passed.

Sounds like something they should find a way to cause the prisoners at GITMO to come down with. ;)

I've had them too but none in the past 3-4 years. Most common type of stone is calcium oxalate and nutritional habits plays a big part in this. If you eat nuts, drink sweet tea or soda, chocalate, and use wheat bran then you should try and give up or limit yourself on those items as they contribute to the composition. What I attribute to me not having stones over the past few years is an increased water consumption which helps flush out your system. I gave up sweet tea many years ago and limit my soda intake too. Acidic and citrus drinks like lemonade are better than teas/ sodas too. If you haven't had the stones analyzed, do so by your urologist so you know what you are dealing with. I'll bet you have and know all of this but it may help someone else too. Good luck!

That's **** in bull****. Where did you go? Some sort of little neighbourhood clinic?? Holy ****, how could they not have had the staff to treat you?? Where's all the affirmative action, med school graduates that we see ALLL OVER the place? Whered they go?? I don't get it....
Now, when .gov takes over, evvvverybody and their lazy ass uncle will be there, trying to get free meds, and help for their little stubbed toes. Because America's raising weak people these days.. (except you obviously. if a kidney stone didn't put you out, you're a baaad mother ****er in my book.) This country's goin in the ****ter if you ask me....

I hope you get well, and stay well for the future. I'm not sure if it'll help you specifically, but stay away from tap water, AND bottled water, UNLESS, it's DISTILLED. I know we had a case of stones in africa, from people drinking water artificially fortified with TOO many minerals.

Last time I went to the doc for stones he gave me some trial packs of Flomax along with pain meds. Said sometimes the Flomax opens you up enough to help pass the stone. I had 2 more stones since and I am out of Flomax but I have 5 Percs that I keep in my dop kit for the next time. If I feel them coming on in time I can take Tylonal with a couple of beers and go for a long walk. Once the PAIN hits I take the narcotics and make promises to God.

hospitals and waiting

if feel you on that, never had stones knock on wood but recent back surgery has landed me in the ER several times with pain so bad i was about to pass out and just in a foul mood, or in tears. i can't believe they sent you to the back of the line. the local ER here puts patients in order of what they are going through. hope you get better and the only thing worse then being in the ER is when the DR looks at you like your a F'n junkie because you ask for something for pain. heck i've been in the ER 3 times in the last 2 months and hate it when i go because of how they treat you sometimes. i've even told them no i don't want prescriptions just give me a morphine shot and send me on my way. longest wait for me was 3 hrs ( the kicker on the 3 hr wait was there was a ton of H1N1 patients infront of me ) shortest was about 30 mins. sorry to hear your pain and hope all gets well soon. take care.

Glad to hear you're ok Shane. I've had one and it was while I was driving to a friends house out of town on vacation. I left Nashville going to Morristown. Just after Knoxville it hit while I was driving 70 on the freeway. I guess all the jigling on the road caused it to say hello. I'm lucky because it was small and I stayed at a gas station and drank enough fluids for it to pass. Took about an hour but it came out. Hurt like H-ll and it hasn't happened since. I do feel your pain and hope you feel much better soon.

Well guys been there again for the last 12hrs:eek: At least this time I went to the right hospital. Carried me back and got me some morphine going and had me CT scan and lined up for surgery in just a few hours:biggrin: They went in and removed 1 and left a stint in me:eek::frown:because another small one was in there they couldn't get and it was shaped funny so they needed to leave the stint in... So I am walking around with some extra equipment below right now;)

I feel better, just different pain. I would trade it anyday though...

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone!!!!!

I feel your pain

Looks like we both are in the pain house. Must be age!. Hope you feel better as I have had them as well and they are NOT fun!.
Wish you the best and you and I will say a pact and prayer for each other :smile:

Get well Grimmy...

Bruce
We4

LOL Me too! Get well Shane sorry to hear about the crummy hospital waiting, Been there, done that.

They made me sit there with a 108* tempature shivering like Crazy while coughing teenagers went in before me. Turned out to be a Major staff infection after a recent surgery on my ankle so I ended up in the hospital for 3 days before they found a antibiotic that worked! It was VERY SCARY there for a minute as there was talk hovering around about it not looking good. :eek:

Sorry to ramble, GET WELL!

SW.

Wow, that's scary. Infections are nothing to mess around with. I had one from a hand wound that I had stitched from the hosptial the night before. I went back the next morning and they put me on interveneous antibiotics for a day and a half and THAT was scary.

I'm gonna go out and get some cranberry juice now. :eek:

Feel better Shane.

Damn!!! I'm sorry to hear about your situation Shane, I hope you feel better soon, this is no way to start the New Year, I hope the rest of the year is filled with pain free days. Take care brother, you have my number, call me if you need me, Nelly. :(

Damn!!! I'm sorry to hear about your situation Shane, I hope you feel better soon, this is no way to start the New Year, I hope the rest of the year is filled with pain free days. Take care brother, you have my number, call me if you need me, Nelly. :(

How ya doing tonight big buddie:cool:

Nice Avitar Nelly, I know those guys:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Shane,
At least, it sounds like your over the worst of it. Hope your feeling better soon.

Mike B.

Thanks guys! I am doing better. Haven't had stone pain since the operation so I am much better. Still sore on the inside and still pouring out blood instead of yellow but with most of the pain gone I am not complaining:biggrin:

I just can't get my mind wrapped around how they are going to get this thing back out without k/o'ing me again:eek:

I do like the avatar Nelly:biggrin: