Rod Bearings - King AM, SI, - ACLs...

Franks86gn

I used to get the CR6616AM Rod bearings at Full Throttle Speed and it looks like they do not carry them anymore. Replaced with ACL brand. Never heard of ACL

Summit carries the CR6616SI, but what is the "SI" instead of the "AM" at the end?

The engine I'm building will see HP # in the 600-700 range. Please help.

Personally I like the federal mogul A series rod bearings. I forget the new part number but they are whatever fits a 95 Park Ave with a 3800.

Since the bearing never actually comes in contact with the crank, I think the crank, oiling, and assembly are far more important than name brand on the bearing (provided you start with a name brand).

Thanks Earl. I ordered KINGs CR6616SI bearings. Summit has them in stock. Same ones Full Throttle carries but they are out of stock at the moment. I really wanted to support our vendors but I've been waiting a long time to get this engine together.

We can still get the King bearings and I love them still but the price went up on them and the ACL went down. The ACL is the same high silicone bored unit at a better price now. The A series bearings are not bad but are broached and IMO are not as good as the King or ACL