Robbed!!!!!

Phatman

Senior Irish Member
Well it finally happend, someone broke into my shop last night...
Took all my tool and still don't know exactly what else, but it was more than I could take just standing there looking at the mess, you know kinda like when you've some bad shellfish.

Now I'm just so pissed that I don't even want to talk, or maybe I should say talk without cussing at someone. Typing seems to be somewhat easier to do.....

I just love Florida

:cool:

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you can find out who did it and hang them up by the balls. Freaking thieves really piss me off, good luck.

That really does suck. Are you covered? Hope so. But that does nothing for that "violated" feeling... been there. You've got my sympathies. Do a search on eBay in a few weeks... maybe you'll see some of your stuff and track the bastages down! Take care,

Well, I just got back from the shop, I went down to put together a list of what was missing. I just get piss all over again, but I felt really bad for my daughter's boyfriend, poor kid, they didn't take his Snap-on chest, but they did take the contents and he had quite a collection. Between the two of us we have receipts for in excess of $40 K not to mention the items your just unable to think of at the moment.

I guess I could have gotten it worse, the only car in the shop at the time was my Buick of course. They didn't really touch the car other than being the master minds they were stopped long enough to remove the stereo, punks...
There was quite a bit piled around, but it looks like they got cold feet. They did get some parts for my car, I'm not too sure if they really knew what they were getting or not, there didn't seem to be any set plan it just looked as though they just grabbed stuff.
It does look like I'll be looking for another set of Champion heads and intake, and I guess I didn't need that new aluminum radiator anyway.

What's really odd is it seems like only one side of the shop caught hell. The other side had wheels, turbo's, intercooler's, fresh tranny among other things sitting on the shelf's. I sure would like my tools back though....

Chances are good that the thieves were in your shop as customers or prospective customers, or under another fake guise recently. Also very likely, they live not very far from you.

Those 2 points are from the Basic Investigative Techniques Manual for Detectives we used. Officers have any leads?

Not to my knowledge as yet, but I did get a call from the officer that was first on the scene while I was out, maybe I'll get to be one of the lucky one's.

I just hope they can spare a little more time around our area, this is really getting out of hand. All around me other businesses are getting hit on a regular basis. What I really found odd is when I was there tonight with the bay door cracked I thought maybe a patrolman would stop to check and see what was going on. I did see two different patrol car's go by, but they didn't even slow down. There is a neighborhood station 3 blocks away, but it never seems to be manned.

Sorry to hear that! I thought Palm Beach was where all the big money people lived..... or is that what attracts the not so-rich people?

One word of advise ALARM SYSTEM With all things u listed should've had one. Hope you get some things back.:mad:

Sorry to hear that ,,even a basic motion sensor ,siren and a spst light switch to reach in the door to turn it off ,all for under $20.
You say everyone was getting hit on a regular basis,,,you had the warning to protect yourself..hope the insurance takes care of ya;)

There are five of us that have been hit in the past year, the body shop across the street three times, lost two new rollbacks and several heavy duty trucks. Body shop down the street has a regular revolving door on his lot I think, mainly small items though.
Painting contractor two doors down got it last weekend, spray equiptment, pressure washers and compressors. Electrician next door had five of his van's hit awhile back.

Yes, alarams are present, not everyone has monitored systems, but some of us do have some pretty rough dog's. It just goes to show you given enough time and desire all things can be overcome, a lock is only going to keep an honest man out.

Maybe I'll switch and the next trip will net them a truck load of scaffolding planks and frames. I bet they can't get that loaded before the law shows...

The more things change the more they stay the same, I remember the old Florida cracker houses, and stayed around long enough to see the new Florida crack houses...

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
Sorry to hear that ,,even a basic motion sensor ,siren and a spst light switch to reach in the door to turn it off ,all for under $20.
You say everyone was getting hit on a regular basis,,,you had the warning to protect yourself..hope the insurance takes care of ya;)

OK let me rephrase that,, Motion sensor ,light switch,siren,and a modem,phone line..:cool:

Sorry to hear about this. I am curious how they got in. Did the break the lock, door or go through a window. I am in the lock and key busniness, so if there is any advice you would like on what locks really do work feel free to give me a shout. You are right any lock can be broken but some are much tougher than others.

you need two vicious german shepards!!

my dads's shop has been lucky for 24 years now. people shoot out his windows and have broke the door but no one has ever broke in and stole stuff. enough people drive by the shop to let us know if anything is up.

We had a problem with theives once at a shop/wrecker service i used to work at. Scumbags kept breaking into cars in the lot and even in the secured fenced holding pen. Stealing radios, speakers, amps, etc.

Local police dept had a "rigged" car. It was an older Caddy Eldorado with some bling wheels and SCREAMED ghetto. The had a monitoring system (silent alarm) that triggered an alarm at the police dept when a door was opened. Car was setup in our pen as bait.

Guess what, first night we had the car in our "pen", two thieves got rolled up on still inside the car.. They had no idea until 3 cop cars stormed the lot and had them at gunpoint.

Check with the local PD and see if they have any similiar setup. Longshot, but if it's a predominant problem, they need to step up..

Goodluck..:)