RJC Mega Coil packs....Yes or No?

Possibly the mega-coil is a benefit for heavily modified or ultra-high boost cars, but it seems a stretch to "... pick up 4 mph in the 1/4 and 40 HP on the dyno ..." on a stock or mildly modified car. However, I could certainly be incorrect & wouldn't bet my paycheck on it !;)

i seen it on his car in BG...i think it is for faster cars low 10's to 9's but i want it anyway;) .....if he said it would give me 5 hp i would want it............Bob:)

Also can you explain how getting rid of the waste spark adds that much HP? Does it benifit all performance levels or just the very fast?

i copied this from Doc on tbs

Less current/ voltage lose.
Each coil is used to fire one plug, instead of two.

Not to mention that if you really start splitting hairs, with a normal DIS system, your firing one plug from the center electrode to ground, and the other ground to center. If you poke around enough, you'll find that on some engines the difference is so profound, that two different spark plugs are used, since the erosion is so much different. It's this *erosion* is what forms the ion trail for the spark to follow........

A search would reward those that are curious about how much spark, I'm now running, and it does help. I think the title was 6 pack coil(s), or something like that.

pic:)

Attachments

• MEGAcoilpack.jpg
    MEGAcoilpack.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,853
Looks neat. I will throw this out there. If the setup includes two coil packs and two ignition modules you can get an idea of what this might cost. I can't tell exactly what is there. It "appears" to be two of each. :confused: But then again the pack on the left looks like it might have a dummy module under it.

Looks neat. I will throw this out there. If the setup includes two coil packs and two ignition modules you can get an idea of what this might cost. I can't tell exactly what is there. It "appears" to be two of each. :confused: But then again the pack on the left looks like it might have a dummy module under it.

Hell if it REALLY picks up 40hp's.... its worth its weight in gold!