RJC Mega Coil packs....Yes or No?

"We concluded that when the wasted plug is fired it is during valve overlap (the intake and exhaust valve are open at the same time) and the spark partially ignites the intake charge lessening the effectiveness of that charge."

I knew it!!!!!!!!! Never thought that the waste spark design was a good idea. Thanks Jason.

"We concluded that when the wasted plug is fired it is during valve overlap (the intake and exhaust valve are open at the same time) and the spark partially ignites the intake charge lessening the effectiveness of that charge."

If that was true the intake manifold would explode, since it is full of fuel mist at all times
Mike

what kind of injection do you have??

I'm not an expert, nor do I posess tools for flow testing, but SFI is not TBI or carburetion. The intake manifold is not full of fuel mist at all times. My EGR has been blocked off for a while, after I blocked it off all carbon deposits were removed from the intake, after driving for a few months I happen to remove plenum for another project and intake is "black" again. Maybe it's inhaling too much greenhouse gas. :eek:

I'm not an expert, nor do I posess tools for flow testing, but SFI is not TBI or carburetion. The intake manifold is not full of fuel mist at all times.
I do have a flow bench, best thing to do is build a clear plastic upper manifold for testing, I know it opened my eyes
Mike

I do have a flow bench, best thing to do is build a clear plastic upper manifold for testing, I know it opened my eyes
Mike

I understand some of this now, thanks to a great explanation Mike gave me over a wonder omelet one morning:biggrin: Trust him, he knows what he is talking about...

Not to get off topic but would the slower guys say under 500hp be able to take advantage of a wider plug gap with this system?

for sure, any truely improved system should allow for more plug gap
Mike

this Post have been beaten to death here by now , what you stated here Mike is hopefully the end of it ....ANY better system with wider gap and NOT blowing spark off under high boost /NOT NECESSARILY WASTE SPARK ELIMINATION /will improve performance at the END...AMEN ...:cool: