Werid spark issue

salcidoariel81

I'm having a real werid spark issue with my 86 GN it has coil packs off like a 02 buick.
And well one of the packs don't have any spark I replaced it and still no spark I flipped them around and still no spark in the same spot so the pack is fine the spot is just messed up? What could cause this like I'm very confused honestly about this it just got me very confused
20240129_200034.jpg

Not really familiar with the type ll setups, so someone can correct me, but have you checked the module beneath the coil packs?

I don't have that setup But the coils push into pins sticking up correct
Then there is a big plug under the coils I think its a 5/16 bolt head or 10 mm holding it into the module. I personally had corrosion buildup on the plug and pens causing misfire there .That harness loops around and has a big plugin into the main harness Had some problems there too, then through the firewall to the ECU. The new module is 250 bucks
Me Im standing on my head and checking wiring and the connections first. Harness repair is easier to. if you don't find damage, then its time for a module.
I lived in Hawaii car was garaged its entire life My harness is in pretty bad shape moved to AZ and we have rats. No rats in the garage but I have seen a few harness dined on.

I don't have that setup But the coils push into pins sticking up correct
Then there is a big plug under the coils I think its a 5/16 bolt head or 10 mm holding it into the module. I personally had corrosion buildup on the plug and pens causing misfire there .That harness loops around and has a big plugin into the main harness Had some problems there too, then through the firewall to the ECU. The new module is 250 bucks
Me Im standing on my head and checking wiring and the connections first. Harness repair is easier to. if you don't find damage, then its time for a module.
I lived in Hawaii car was garaged its entire life My harness is in pretty bad shape moved to AZ and we have rats. No rats in the garage but I have seen a few harness dined on.
No I'm saying if I test my wiring to see if there is a cut or something which one is the coil pack wiring?

Testing you need to do is just visual. Start at the plug just under the coil, look to make sure you have no bent or corrode pens.
Them move to the plug (its about 2 in wide and held inlace with a 5/16 or 10mm headed bolt) remove it and look for bent , broken or corroded pens in the module and plug. Take this bundle of wire and follow it around to a second plugin black and square. all the time visually looking for broken wire or broken insulation. Again separate the two plugs and look them over real good. From here it goes into the main harness and is all but impossible to inspect. But don't stop here. Move into the passenger side pull the ECU out remove the 3 plugs from the ECU and look over every thing real good.
Why do you need to be so through These cars are 35 years old soon have aged better than others.
If I would have spent the hour to look all the wires over real good and found no broken insulation ore wires and the plugs clean and in good order, I would spend the next hour looking for a OE GM module.
So the short answer to Which is the coil pack wiring. Everything connected to it all the way to the ECU.