Remote control Grand National

I have some bad video of running it around too, but it's a little hard to run it, film it and not hit anything. I knocked the rear clip off.
:frown:

That car looks really good. You did a killer job on the little details, especially the lights. The day I went shopping for paint the hobby shop didn't have any amber-colored paint so I used orange in a pinch for the marker lights. Looks like you kept the lights functional too--I didn't bother; I figured it would drain the battery pack faster and shorten my play time.:biggrin: I like how the track width was perfect for the body too. The wheels on mine stick out just a bit so if you see any 1:10 GNX fender flares let me know:biggrin: :rolleyes:

Wal Mart did carry them but you will be real lucky to find one now. Check the clearance aisle and you might see one but I doubt it. I have not seen one in a Wal Mart in over a year. I think they were $49.99 new. I bought four of them at two different Wal Marts for $15 and $20 out of the clearance aisle.

how did you guys do the tail lights? they were clear before, but it doesnt look like you just painted over them with red - it looks a lot cleaner. did you take them off and paint from the inside then re-attatch? Thanks...

how did you guys do the tail lights? they were clear before, but it doesnt look like you just painted over them with red - it looks a lot cleaner. did you take them off and paint from the inside then re-attatch? Thanks...

Exactly...same with the front marker lights. Had to paint the black stripe across the outside of the tail lights though, where the trim passes across the lights horizontally. And I also had to remember not to paint the lenses where the backup lights are...

Cool stuff... The Nitro cars are fun but so hard to tune correctly. I was thinking of a new brushless electric setup, probably as fast as we want...

If we build some of these he is going to build one that will do low mid 11's in the real 1/4:biggrin:

If we build some of these he is going to build one that will do low mid 11's in the real 1/4:biggrin:

:eek: You can't be serious...

I wanted to take mine to the park today to play around with it for the first time but a thunderstorm just rolled in...:frown: Hopefully it will clear up...

:eek: You can't be serious...

I sure am. He wants to carry it to an event. His name is Mr. Don! He is a retired vet and has been into the R/C drags for years. One the nicest men you will ever meet. He told me he will do an event for the kids and all whenever we have our National Event. He has the complete RC drag setup with the lights timers etc... He puts on scale drags all the time and those things are awesome!!!!!

He wants to run the full 1/4 beside a full size TR:biggrin:

I sure am. He wants to carry it to an event. His name is Mr. Don! He is a retired vet and has been into the R/C drags for years. One the nicest men you will ever meet. He told me he will do an event for the kids and all whenever we have our National Event. He has the complete RC drag setup with the lights timers etc... He puts on scale drags all the time and those things are awesome!!!!!

He wants to run the full 1/4 beside a full size TR:biggrin:

Wow, I had no idea R/C cars could go that fast. Imagine how fast those tiny little wheels would have to be turning!

And finally, the Enzo's less than desirable fate:biggrin: :

5.jpg

You should post this on a Ferrari board...:biggrin: ;)

I almost painted the whole tail light red!
I took everything apart and painted it all separately, the body needs another coat of black and some clear. Don't know if I'll make decals or not.
To keep the lights working, I wired them into the receiver, where the battery input goes when you run a separate receiver battery. It's a BEC receiver so it takes all the power from the main battery. I figure the lights are worth it.

Some RC wheels have a better offset, and will pull the tires in under the fenders. It's kind of hard to find neat mags at the local hobby shop, I've been looking on line.

Took my R/C Buick out to play for the first time today; seems a little lame. I thought they meant it had a top speed of 40 actual mph in the specs; seems more like 40 scale mph to me. Granted, I don't think it had a full charge on the battery pack because 5 minutes into running it it started acting choppy and erratic. I'll put it on the charger overnight and see how it acts when I get another chance to run it, but otherwise is there anything that can be done to speed this thing up (changing to a different motor, gears, etc.)??? I haven't had an R/C car since I was a young kid and then they were all cheap ones my parents bought for me. If anybody is knowledgable about these things and could edjumukate me I'd be eternally grateful...:biggrin:

On the other hand, probably a good thing it was running slow today because when it started acting erratically I lost control and crashed it into a parking curb. The damage is totally repairable but Shane, if you need to borrow this body for your buddy to reproduce please let me know soon before I bust it up too bad...:eek:

Cool! How's it going Randy? What do ya think of my new toy???:biggrin:
I really like the way you changed out the frame! I painted mine black a few years ago and never did like the 4 wheel drive look, but it's a Buick and I have it on display with the rest of my Buick stuff. Did you get yours from Mike also?

I really like the way you changed out the frame! I painted mine black a few years ago and never did like the 4 wheel drive look, but it's a Buick and I have it on display with the rest of my Buick stuff. Did you get yours from Mike also?

Yup, got mine from Mike too. Sending you PM about this...