Remote control Grand National

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
This isn't for sale or anything, just thought I'd post some pics of one of my projects from this past winter. The first one is the car I got the body from. Man, I hate to see cars done up like this, with huge "Dubs" and all. Especially when it's a Buick Regal with a bulge in the hood and a spoiler on the back. This is the toy that turbo6mike had posted in the for sale section like forever:rolleyes:, so I bought it so people on this board wouldn't have to look at it anymore. Well, here's a pic of it anyway in case somebody didn't see:

1.jpg

As you can sort of see in the pics it had a hood ornament, chrome grille/headlight bezels/etc. and clear lenses all around but I filled in the hood ornament hole, painted all the trim satin black, and painted the back side of all the lenses on the lights. For the license plates and emblems, I took pictures of these parts on my actual car and resized them in MS Paint, printed them out and cut them out and glued them to the car body. I applied the clearcoat to the body over the emblems. Pics of the finished body:

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Can you paint a full size car....please.:biggrin:

That's awesome, and 100 times better than before you did it.

I then had to find a donor car for the chassis. I chose a Ferrari Enzo that was done up in black with racing livery all over it. It is supposed to be capable of going 40 mph. It finally arrived today:

2.jpg

Pics of the GN body mounted to its new chassis. I still need to trim fenderwells to make clearance for the slightly different wheelbase:

3.jpg

4.jpg

traxxas? I had an AWD car from them that DID do 60mph out of the box. Couldn't control it worth a darn, but nothing including a ZX6 could get near it in the straights.

Good job man.

Keep that FXX lexan.

I was also thinking of painting the wheels on this car--silver around the outer rim and black spokes/center to make them sort of look like GNX wheels. Thoughts?

Can you paint a full size car....please.:biggrin:

That's awesome, and 100 times better than before you did it.

LOL, I really can't paint...think I just got lucky with this project...:biggrin: Thanks for the compliment anyway...

traxxas? I had an AWD car from them that DID do 60mph out of the box. Couldn't control it worth a darn, but nothing including a ZX6 could get near it in the straights.

Good job man.

Keep that FXX lexan.

Not sure what it is, but it is AWD...here's a link to the site I bought it from including the specs way at the bottom of the page:

BananaHobby - 1:10 Black Ferrari Enzo High Speed Electric Powered Radio Remote Control On Road Sport Car

They were kind of a pain to deal with. Took over a month to process my order even though the site said they had it in stock at the time I ordered it. Thanks again for the compliment. I am holding on to the Ferrari body, just because otherwise if I have just one mishap with the Buick body at 40 mph I'll be stuck playing with a bare chassis...:frown:

Wow!

I got a friend that is deep into RC cars! He has some national titles!

Anyway he said if someone can get him a body to copy he could make these for us! All he needs is a body to copy and he can build the rest of it from scrath and them duplicate them...

I would love to get my kids some but I want a bigger body than the ones I have...

very nice did the buick body go right on ferrari chasis other than triming the fenders? great job

Wow!

I got a friend that is deep into RC cars! He has some national titles!

Anyway he said if someone can get him a body to copy he could make these for us! All he needs is a body to copy and he can build the rest of it from scrath and them duplicate them...

I would love to get my kids some but I want a bigger body than the ones I have...

I may be willing to send this body to him IF I can get it back unharmed and in a timely manner. Would they be made out of a very flexible material like the Ferrari body this chassis came with? If so I want one. This Buick body is a very stiff plastic so if it has an accident at speed all the work I put into it would be ruined in an instant. I just want it back because of the work I have in it. As far as wanting bigger ones for your kids, this one is 1:10 scale so it is quite large. Without actually measuring it I'd say it's a foot and a half long.

I may be willing to send this body to him IF I can get it back unharmed and in a timely manner. Would they be made out of a very flexible material like the Ferrari body this chassis came with? If so I want one. This Buick body is a very stiff plastic so if it has an accident at speed all the work I put into it would be ruined in an instant. I just want it back because of the work I have in it. As far as wanting bigger ones for your kids, this one is 1:10 scale so it is quite large. Without actually measuring it I'd say it's a foot and a half long.

O Okay it is 1:10! Where did you get that? If they still make them I will just get one of those... It looks great, I wouldn't want to take a chance on the mail guys screwing that thing up!!!!

very nice did the buick body go right on ferrari chasis other than triming the fenders? great job

Thanks

I only had to drill four holes in the body for the mounting posts, and on the chassis I had to relocate the rear mounting posts. If you're interested maybe later I can post pics to show how I did this. I haven't gotten around to trimming the fenders yet, but that should be all I have left to do. I'm waiting for the battery pack to charge so I can turn the front wheels left & right to make sure there's room for them to steer without interference from the body.

O Okay it is 1:10! Where did you get that? If they still make them I will just get one of those... It looks great, I wouldn't want to take a chance on the mail guys screwing that thing up!!!!

I'm not sure but I think these were only available for a short time. I'll have to check with the guy I got it from (turbo6mike) as I think he knows a little more about it. Trust me, if I end up shipping it to you it will be well-packed.

top notch work ! I want one of these alot cheaper no need for xfi ! or a girdle !

Thanks! I'm working on Shane to help make it happen;) ! If somebody could make these bodies for us in lexan or whatever the flexible plastic is then all that would be left is to order a chassis for it...

:eek: They used the same exact body I used for mine. They didn't bother to paint the lights and go into other details I did on mine though. I thought about doing mine as a nitro car (on-road car though:biggrin: ) but I think those things are so annoying. The sound reminds me of scraping your fingernails across a chalkboard so I went with an electric model.

I did one too, but I stretched the rear wheel mount a little. Before paint:
DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2589.jpg

It's 1/10 th scale, but a little long for most 180mm chassis. I'm trying to get my paint perfect. Making a lexan body would be little hard, but not impossible, there are a lot of undercuts and detail.