Recasted Stage 2 blocks Interest

Originally posted by Big Stu
I think it is safe to say that the ta block is pretty stout, and able to take a serious beating. I'm not really qualified to say you could run a high 8 with that combo and a new block, but I bet you could at least run a low 9 turning up the boost a little more with the ta block.:)
When i said combo i meant stock suspension and 28x10.5Ws! the car will be 100lbs lighter were adding aftermarket brakes! 3100lbs w/driver:cool:

Originally posted by Big Stu
Cool, what brakes are you getting?
I think im going with the nicer, lighter more expensive Strange brakes!

I seen a pair of the PA PERFORMANCE tubular a-arms they save approximitly 36lbs over stock, pretty expensive ($799)but they sure look nice!

Originally posted by GNXTACY

I seen a pair of the PA PERFORMANCE tubular a-arms they save approximitly 36lbs over stock, pretty expensive ($799)but they sure look nice!

Does someone with a Buick already have the arms on their car?
The Strange Brakes are nice!

Originally posted by John Wilde
You can do it, you can do it all night long!:D
MR WILDE:D Do u think it could be done with the 76GTQ or do i need a bigger turbo? like the more common 88gt!

The 76 GTQ is good for about 975HP and you weigh about 3100lbs. The way I figure it on kill you have about 151MPH with the current combination. The GTS version will give you about 100 more HP. If you want new GT Technology you can go with a GT-42/76 for about 200 more hp. A GT 45 or 47 will push a lot more air and are availible with a t04 Flange. I have heard that the new PT-88 with the GT-46 wheel is nothing to sneeze at.
How much room do you have and do you want to get a larger dp?

I am in love, who's car is that???
A FRIEND OF MINE DONALD POWELL STOCK SUSPENSION 28X10.5WS at THAT RACE 5.30s 1/8 AFTER THIS SEASON HES THINKING BOUT V8 TWIN TURBO!

That is what I am building right now, I think we will run drag radials.
What turbos does he run???

who needs a stage 2 block when you can ride wheelies with a 109 block.

Just think 4000.00 for a stage 2 and 350.00--400.00 for a junkyard dawg 109.

That car is putting on the show!

That is what I am building right now, I think we will run drag radials.
What turbos does he run???
70GTQs! HOW FAST R U TRYING TO RUN ON THE DRs AND R U USING THE NEW MICKEY Ts

Originally posted by PEACHS
who needs a stage 2 block when you can ride wheelies with a 109 block.

Just think 4000.00 for a stage 2 and 350.00--400.00 for a junkyard dawg 109.

That car is putting on the show!
THAT CARS HAS A TWIN TURBO S2 MOTOR!

70GTQs! HOW FAST R U TRYING TO RUN ON THE DRs AND R U USING THE NEW MICKEY Ts

I was hoping for mid to low 8 second potential on the MTs.
I am not saying I will push it that hard but I will like the ability
to throw a number down.

Cool, strange makes an awesome brake too. I think I paid $800 used for my strange carbon brakes for the rear, for the front I have the external double adjustable ultra strut package. Not on yet, because I am in the process of welding a tube front end on the racecar.

I was hoping for mid to low 8 second potential on thw MTs.
I am not saying I will push it that hard but I will like the ability
to throw a number down.

You can do it john. I have complete faith in you....:D ;)

MT SREET CAR

MR WILDE HAVE A LOOK AT MY COMBO!

My goal is to put together a super nice but brutally fast GN in the 8.90 and 9.0 range @ 3100lbs<TA off center block,scat billit crank,carillo rods,JE pistons,GN1s ported,hogan sheetmetal intake,not sure yet what turbo gonna be used and a powerglide trans! Wanna run those #s without leaning on the motor!

does anyone here have any objections to this combo or any suggestions as far as better parts to be used?

THIS CAR WILL BE STREET DRIVEN!

Here are a couple turbos that would work for you.

GT-42 76T 1200HP
PT76GTS 1100HP this might be close
PT-88 1250HP I am sure the new version makes more

I am sure that Innovative and Turbonetics could do something similar.

You will need need at minimum 4500RPM Stall.
This is not as big of a deal as some may think.
I drove a 109 motor with a 4200 stall and 70MM P Trim.

The newer GT Stuff has spooled faster for us than the older T Series Turbos. We are putting a tighter stator and shimming Chris's Converter full tight. We expect to pick up several MPH.

Doesn't innovative make a gtb 88 turbo that works pretty well? From what I remember they are big $$ though. I vote for the gt42, also, what converter are you going to use? Your parts list sounds pretty good.:cool: