Ramchargers Fan is actually MOPAR FAN!!!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I was at the Auto Parts Yard today and guess what I saw sitting on the counter. IT was EXACTLY The RAMCHARGERS FAN WITH EVERY TAB THERE AND THE WIRE HARNESS. AND a big sticker on the back of it that said MOPAR! Anyone aware of this? Thought Id toss this out here!

Scott

So, I guess what you guys are saying is to save my money and peek around the junkyard for a Dodge Intrepid?:D Will it hook right up or will I have to get some kind of adaptor?

YEP>>>THIS IS OLD "NEWS"

Several prior threads about this already during the last 30 days.

Check archives under INTREPID

Thanks for letting anyone who may have missed it earlier get a chance to see it posted

again. :)

HOW MUCH IS THE FAN AT MOPAR DEALER?

With a shop discount, how much is the fan from MOPAR, and how much is the same fan for an INTREPID at AutoZone?

HMMMMM..............:)

With what dealerships charge I doubt you can beat that price. I also doubt AZ or NAPA, etc.. carry the fan.

Originally posted by TurboJim
Thats a different setup. I cant recall for sure, but caravan rings a bell. Dont kid yourself, these fans are big bucks from Mopar.

BTW: Didnt you look at the shrouds? They have the mopar symbol on em.....

Does it really matter anyway? Its an improvement. Mike did the homework. Give him your money.

Oh yeh, this one is a bit different.

I just installed the Ramchargers last week and it is well work the $80. And who is Mike?

Re: HOW MUCH IS THE FAN AT MOPAR DEALER?

Originally posted by Turbonics

How much is the same fan for an INTREPID at AutoZone?

HMMMMM..............:)

Might be worth checking out...we'll look it up! :)

Mopar fans are WAY HIGH at the dealer. They wanted over $400 for the crappy dual fans in my '95 neon.

The ramcharger fan is a way better deal. We put one on our 502 Pontiac 2+2 and it instantly solved our overheating problem (We actually overheated during the big bend race while going 125 mph) and we picked up HP too, as our 0 to 1 mile speed went up 5 mph to 155 with just the fan swap (from a clutching fan) and a gear change from 3.00's to 2.75's.

I'll keep this in mind if the fan ever breaks on my 300M.

Re: Re: HOW MUCH IS THE FAN AT MOPAR DEALER?

Originally posted by Turbonics
Might be worth checking out...we'll look it up! :)

While you are at Autozone, ask them about all their other "special" parts for your turbo Buick.:(

Support our Buick vendors which support our board and our "special" needs. When you need "free" advice about your Buick, where are you going for help?

Go to the Mopar board to find out the details about the Dodge fan.

400 from the dealer???? wow. looks like the mopar guys should be buying from the buick guys. not visa versa!!

im glad ramchargers was not screwed over by this "discovery"

if it was 20 bucks at the dealer than that would be a problem for them.

ramchargers is the best . quick service, great quality, good suport, good peoples.

THUMBS UP!

It sure does. You would pay 1/2 that for a questionable used one without an adaptor from a junkyard.
Its a no brainer. Ramchargers all the way!

Originally posted by Intercooler
For $80.00 the Ramcharger's unit being all brand new still seems like a good deal.

That fan is also used on the Concord models..noticed this the other day on my buddy's Chrsyler..

Installed one on my GN this spring and my temps rarely went over
180 degrees during the summer. Awesome value, too!!

Every GN should have one of these puppies!

I will save you guys some time. It is a Mopar far of course, it is NOT an Intrepid fan. I can't tell you for sure which car it comes on. There is no possible way to buy the same fans for this price ANYWHERE else. It took a buy of 5000+ units to strike this deal.
They could have been sold for MUCH more money since they work so well but the savings were passed on to you the consumer.
Mike Licht