Quick Spool Valve

Quint

Its already used by the Supra guys and it works. Wanted to know about the Buick Crowd and using this on a 4788 to help spool quicker on build up of luanch. Also The turbo must be divided and you must have an undivided Exaust manifold I beleive. Any info would be great, thanks.

I know someone on here has built one.
However I will let them disclose that if they choose.

I did a write up on this type of device in the fabrication section. It does work. In my case, it was worth a tenth off the 60'. It didn't work along with the new ALS, and the ALS was more affective than the spool valve, so the spool valve is not being used.

You are correct. A split housing is necessary, and an open 'Y' section leading up to the turbine housing.

if its an y section does that mean there is just additional welding and it would fit right in with the t6 4788 and my current headers that fit a t6 size turbo? BAsically what has t be done, if you have a t6 4788 with current headers that I used on my t6 91.5?Cost?

My particular device was designed to adapt between an exhaust 'Y' section with a T4 flange and a T6 turbine housing. Your situation should be much easier to fabricate. It would be an adapter that bolts between the header T6 flange and the T6 flange of the turbine housing. The device would be in the adapter.
My device was a prototype one-off design with a wedge pattern built into it to help position the turbo for my special mounting situation. The cost in materials was minimal. The labor, a different story. I would imagine if you had someone fabricate a straight T6/T6, flat adapter (no special wedge built in), it would run at least 500.00 in labor. Materials, and initial waterjetting, 150.00 at most.

Its already used by the Supra guys and it works. Wanted to know about the Buick Crowd and using this on a 4788 to help spool quicker on build up of luanch. Also The turbo must be divided and you must have an undivided Exaust manifold I beleive. Any info would be great, thanks.

Quint they work very well and are effective in spooling larger turbos, but you must have a divided housing for it to work.

thanks guys, Yea, if I where to do it, it would have a divided housing, becuase that is how I would buy the turbo. I am not sure if my pt91.5 is divided or not, how do you tell. Donnie, Forced induction and sound performance sells these already for the 47-88, price is something like $200-300. I may just call you shortly to talk about you doing it for Fear if your up to it

they work fantastic once you get them set. I have a 67 Qtrim BB on a stock 2jz and can get 20psi by 2500rpm. Its like driving a big block around, lol

thanks guys, Yea, if I where to do it, it would have a divided housing, becuase that is how I would buy the turbo. I am not sure if my pt91.5 is divided or not, how do you tell. Donnie, Forced induction and sound performance sells these already for the 47-88, price is something like $200-300. I may just call you shortly to talk about you doing it for Fear if your up to it

When you look down the scroll of the turbine housing, you will notice a cast in wall down the middle of the scroll, if it is divided.
If all I would be doing is making a copy of what is already available mass produced, I would strongly suggest you just go with the cheaper deal.

You are going to spend way more than $300.00 to even buy this T6 valve. $400.00 is the cheapest out there I have seen for them.

Your right, $400 and up from what I just found out. I also am having a hard time fidning a place who will get me a divided turbo housing for the 4788 t6? Any advise? I want to go through Cal for the Turbo and would hopefully be able to source the divided housing and QsV through him as well.

Jose at Forced inductions should be able to set you up. I am not sure if Cal can get one from PTE, but by all means use a vendor that supports this site first.

I had a thread about this a year ago, quick spool flange, Sound Performance in IL designed a nice one though there are a lot of DIY out there.

PTE would have all the exhaust housing info you need but there are plenty of big Borg Warners out there for cheap in the T6 with the twin scroll 1.34 housing, I had one very similar for $650.