Pt-67

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER
Thanks for the reply Pat.

How much for the BB on the 67?

How much more HP is gained by going with the PTE .85 over the .63 with this wheel?

EXCELLENT Qs! :)

Originally posted by RUQWKNF

GT refers to the new line of wheels and the Dual Angular Ball Bearing technology.

We are working on current models with the Dual Ball Bearing options now.

Patrick,

When will the units be available in BB form?

TIA! :)

Patrick... You described my car to a "T"... a turbo T! It's a true "street car" with 5olb injectors and a PTE chip, with AC, etc. I bought the PT67 63ar and PTE front mount and with my Precision 9" the car has incredible street manners with nearly no noticable turbo lag. From a roll, I worry about breaking the car's driver's seat out from it's mounts! At the GS Nationals it ran 10.94 at nearly 126mph and had all her runs at over 125 mph with 19lbs of boost and poor 60ft times in the 1.8's

"125 mph with 19lbs of boost " :eek:

I will need 2 extra rear tires if I run this along with alky at 23psi!

I have a TE-60 series turbo that needs rebuilding; is this new wheel an option or would I need to re-think the housing as well?

Keep the info coming!
-S.

Originally posted by paul vilser
Patrick... You described my car to a "T"... a turbo T! It's a true "street car" with 5olb injectors and a PTE chip, with AC, etc. I bought the PT67 63ar and PTE front mount and with my Precision 9" the car has incredible street manners with nearly no noticable turbo lag. From a roll, I worry about breaking the car's driver's seat out from it's mounts! At the GS Nationals it ran 10.94 at nearly 126mph and had all her runs at over 125 mph with 19lbs of boost and poor 60ft times in the 1.8's
nice runs paul.

Originally posted by GN SBS
I have a TE-60 series turbo that needs rebuilding; is this new wheel an option or would I need to re-think the housing as well?

Keep the info coming!
-S.

John Craig told me that Garret is coming out with wheels that bolt onto the older styler turbos, but we shuld not expect them anytime soon. They are really busy over at Garrett;).

KES610, The example you gave above a change from a Ptrim to a GTQtrim was not quite correct that change was a Qtrim wheel change to a GTQtrim wheel change.
See ya, Kip

Ok, I am going to sound like a dumb ass here but,

Old Garret Q trim wheel is larger than the P trim, so it is a little slower to spool but offers better top end flow.

New Garret GTQ is the larger Q trim wheel with even better flow due to the new technology in the wheel?
Does it spool like a P trim or like the old Q trim with just more flow up top?

To many trims here and we are not even on the playboy site. :D

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER
Ok, I am going to sound like a dumb ass here but,

Old Garret Q trim wheel is larger than the P trim, so it is a little slower to spool but offers better top end flow.

New Garret GTQ is the larger Q trim wheel with even better flow due to the new technology in the wheel?
Does it spool like a P trim or like the old Q trim with just more flow up top?

To many trims here and we are not even on the playboy site. :D

here, maybe this will help:

The GTQ outflows the Q-trim and the P-trim

The GTQ also out spools the Q-trim.....so basically what you get when you get the GTQ option is the great flow characteristics with greater efficiency which makes it spool similar to a P-trim

better?

This IS the new bad ass 10 second street turbo no doubt.

The P trim seems pointless unless theres a new P trim wheel I have not heard of yet that flows and spools faster than the old one. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

My God, I am dying here on comparing old trim to new trim.

I will just do what Chef would do, take them both down by the fire and see whats best for me. ;)