Pt-67

CPAKCP

Anyone been running Precision's new PT-67? What has been the results, what stall are you running? I don't understand why it's rated more horsepower then the three bolt 70? I am thinking about upgrading form PT-64E (P-trim), to either a 67 or 70 Q-tirm?

Thanks for the information!

I love my new PT67 turbo. I've only had it 3 months but it seems like it adds no more turbo lag than the little TE34 (w/a stock torque convertor) it replaced. I've only run the car at the track at the Nationals and every run was 125+mph. On the street it is awesome in combination with the 3200 stall Precision Vigilante! Paul

I talked to John Craig and he said that the new wheels that Garrett has developed are way better than the old stuff. That is why the smaller turbo will make more HP. ERIC.:)

Originally posted by paul vilser
I love my new PT67 turbo. I've only had it 3 months but it seems like it adds no more turbo lag than the little TE34 (w/a stock torque convertor) it replaced. I've only run the car at the track at the Nationals and every run was 125+mph. On the street it is awesome in combination with the 3200 stall Precision Vigilante! Paul

Couple of questions Paul, if you don't mind :D

1. P or Q trim on your PT67?

2. N/L convertor?

Thanks for info.

I bought one. I believe its a Q trim. I have a 3400 stall and can't wait to crank her up. Maybe I should post the contact for my machine shop so eveyone can patician them to get it done.

In addition to the wheels being different there are slight changes in the housings from what another turbo source told me. I can't repeat everything they said, but the theories behind the making sound adequate. I've waited on feedback for this turbo and glad someone has provided it. I'll be buying this one. Oh, btw there is a newer designed 70 series that will slightly outflow the new 67. Each turbo has a different efficiency rating with different loads. I just wish I could see the flow charts for them :confused:

the "70" is not yet available i hear. there was a couple in bowling green. there are supposedly only 10 wheels for them in existance.

i have a te-63-1 that i would like to upgrade to the 67, i just worry that it will be harder to spool. from what everybody is saying it shouldn't be.

limit engineering has some GT flow charts on their website, but not for the 67

Originally posted by kes610
the "70" is not yet available i hear. there was a couple in bowling green. there are supposedly only 10 wheels for them in existance.

i have a te-63-1 that i would like to upgrade to the 67, i just worry that it will be harder to spool. from what everybody is saying it shouldn't be.

kES. Does your 63 have issues spooling?

the 63 spools pretty good, and i even have hooker headers that are supposed to make it harder to spool. i'll probably sell it and go bigger = TSM bug got me at bowling green this year. that's gonna cost me.

This turbo sounds great, anyone get it P trim in the .63?
What does this cost?

I have a .63 PT67 and PTE front mount and on the street the car has "instant" response!!! From a roll... the car is awesome! Paul

Originally posted by paul vilser
I have a .63 PT67 and PTE front mount and on the street the car has "instant" response!!! From a roll... the car is awesome! Paul

Also what downpipe are you using?

I have no blow off valve. I can control boost with an old Conley electronic boost controller. I have used an ATR 3" downpipe and now have a Terry Houston 3" downpipe. Both are nearly equal in my opinion. Paul