Pt-67

No problem with the questions... happy to help if I can. I use the internal wastegate and the boost seems under control with no apparent problems. Paul

GRreat Thanks.. I am building the similiar to what you have and was contimplating the ext gate but yet another cost.. 1 more quesiton and I will leave you alone.. What converter stall are you using?

It's a Precision 9" single disk 0 pump and I believe it's 3200 stall. I've seen many quick cars with internat wastegates. good luck! Paul

Originally posted by CPAKCP
Anyone been running Precision's new PT-67? What has been the results, what stall are you running? I don't understand why it's rated more horsepower then the three bolt 70? I am thinking about upgrading form PT-64E (P-trim), to either a 67 or 70 Q-tirm?

Thanks for the information!

Where are you reading the specs on it.. I have not seen it on precisions site or egarrett.com//.

Paul, how much boost did you run for the 10.9?

Does the GT refer to it being the ball bearing? I thought it did.

Re: Re: Pt-67

Originally posted by aperrego
Where are you reading the specs on it.. I have not seen it on precisions site or egarrett.com//.

aperrego,

From Precision's "Product Catalog", they were distributing at the Nats in Bowling Green. From this source the PT-67 is rated at 800 HP, while the three bolt PT70-1 is rated at 785. I guess Precision need to update their web site. Probably too busy selling the PT-67(s) :D

spoke to them today..

Depending upon the trim .. If I can recall it is about 1050 ish.

not too bad. i know a guy who just changed his 74 from a p trip to a q trip and the car did not pick anything up. this was on a well tuned 9 second car. i don't think they are worth extra cash.
are they readily available?

Ok, here's what I've seen and heard from some of our customers. This turbo is AWESOME! In my honest opinion, if I were to build another street car, I would choose a PT67 P-trim with the PTE .63 A/R housing. Combined with a 3200-3400 stall Art Carr non lock up converter and some 50# injectors, and you've got one bad street car. Of course I would need to keep the boost down, mainly because you've got more turbo than you do injectors, but you'd have the streetability with the 50's. Not to mention some serious traction problems. I would predict easy low 11's without trying too hard. Anywho, here's what I've heard. I have quite a few customers who have upgraded from PT52's and PT54's, even a couple who've gone from T63E's to the PT67. Most all of them run between 3200-3400 stall converters. All of them are very happy and quite impressed with spool up and the extra power they are making at the same boost level they were running with their older turbos. This turbo uses a new GT Technology compressor wheel and is available with the P-trim turbine wheel as standard, or you can upgrade it to the GT-Q turbine wheel. We rate it at 795-800hp at the flywheel when maxed out, which should be in the 29-32psi range. This turbo has a TO4S style compressor cover which has a 4" inlet and a 2.5" discharge. Picture the old 60-1 style cover, that's been revamped and redisgned for better performance and efficiency. One of my customers who switched from a PT54 to the PT67 P-trim has had great results. He is also the same person who owns my old girdle motor I ran in RU. It's a 30 over 3.8 stock block with a girdle, maxed out ported iron heads with matching intake, 55# injectors, the normal 70mm t-body and PTE plenum, FM IC, etc, etc. Full weight car. He was running 11.20's to 11.0's with his PT54 at about 26psi. I turned him onto the PT67 back when it first came out earlier this year. His results were outstanding. Although he has not had a chance to run the car at a full 1/4 mile track and keeps trashing 200 trannies, he did say his 1/8th mile times were now in the 6.70- 6.80 range on 24-25psi. Which of course equates to easy high 10's. I was very happy for him as he's won quite a few grudge races with his locals. Good job Fred.
One thing to remember about this turbo is, you need to match your injectors to it's capability. 50#ers are good for 600hp max at the flywheel, which with a built motor, good heads and proper fuel system would be in the 21-23psi range. I would recommend at least 65# injectors with this turbo, as they will support up to 780hp when tapped out. Which would be very close to this turbos rating of 795-800hp. This is all a moot point if your motor is not built to handle this kind of power but hopefully you get the idea.
Anywho, this one's for those who are looking for an easy high 10 second car with plenty of room to grow into for the future and don't want the turbo screamin "Look at me, I'm a monster!"
LOL.
Hope this helps a little and let us know if we can help.

Patrick
Precision Turbo & Engine
Sales & Tech
219-996-7832

No sir, GT refers to the new line of wheels and the Dual Angular Ball Bearing technology. Right now the current turbos do not have the Ball Bearing technology, they just have the wheels. We are seeing the huge increases in power and spool up from just the new wheel technology. We are working on current models with the Dual Ball Bearing options now.
Hope this helps clear it up a little.
Patrick

Patrick. I recently bought a 67-76E from you. I was wondering if it is a Q or P trim and are those the sizes of the shaft? I haven't had a chance to put it to the ground yet. I just got my engine back yesterday. I had the fuel rail modified so I routes around the turbo. Hopefully the hood will close. If it does't you will be hearing from me for an exchange. I will take some pics of the turbo and engine and post up sometime today.
How are the 65 pds'ers for steetablity?
Trevor aka turbowrenchead.

Thanks for the reply Pat.
How much for the BB on the 67?

How much more HP is gained by going with the PTE .85 over the .63 with this wheel?