Products that have disappeared since your childhood

I don't know if anyone will remember Fizzies or not. You'd get some tablets to put in your water and turn it into a soda. Just about every flavor to so you didn't have to buy it.

Music:frown::frown::(
rims
KOTH
Cassette tapes
VHS Tapes
CD's
Self Cut Window tint,
Carburetors
Big body cars
Fuzzy black pimp dice
Colorful clothing

3 and 5 speed 20 inch bicycles
20 inch bicycles with coaster brakes, a banana seat and sissy bar
normal household cleaners that weren't "green"
soda pop and food without high fructose corn syrup
laser disc movie players
8mm home movies
car brands that are no more (AMC, Olds, Pontiac, Mercury, Plymouth)
VW Beetles with the engine in the back
soft drink and beer cans with peel off pop tabs
ladders and mowers not covered with warning decals

I remember watching the American flag waving on the TV as the station would "sign off" for the night.

How about getting to play on the school sport team...and not having to pay for the right to do so?! And one year, I didn't make the team.

"Marathon" candy bars-about a foot long of just chocolate and caramel
B-grade sci-fi/monster movies after midnight on TV
Race car drivers that had personalities
Waner Brothers andf Hanna-Barbera cartoons
Rock 'em Sock 'em robots
MS-DOS

Sorry Dennis but I have to name a few car things

Cars with front Vent windows

Cars with steering wheel spinner knobs

Cars with carbs, Tri-power, dual quads

The Frito Bandito

Heeeeeers Johnny! Ed McMahn introducing Jonny Carson

Love American style

the Partridge Family

Rowin & Martin laugh in

The Ice cream truck riding around

Metal caution signs with the yellow blinker

Highway traffic marker pots that had small flames

the Esso tiger tails

Coon skin caps

Hippies (now they are all in DC)

The fuller brush door to door salesman

DDT & CHLORODANE

Drive in burger joints with waitresses tha come out to the car.... none here in NH :eek:

Go Kart tracks

Mini bikes

Open face helmets (the sparkly kind)

Metal lunchboxes for kids

Ink stamped products instead of UPS codes

Resturants with counter & stools

Child world stores

Real old fashion mom & pop donut shops that served BIG DONUNTS not the little turd DUNKIN D gives.

X Rated Theaters

Shall I keep going?

Interestng thread. How about:

-5 & Dime(10) Stores
-Woolworth
-Affordable Tops Baseball cards (don't forget the gum)
-Quality of Fruit of Looms t-shirts (Have you noticed how cheesy the material is these days?)
-Sony cassette walkmans

when blue jeanns 10.00 not 50.00 for old looking

when mtv played music vid not some punk from jersey who thinks he has a6 pack

when tell cars and trucks apart

Cans of oil, lubes, etc

Parts stores with someone that actually knew car stuff working behind the counter and had the rows of big books to look through for your application.

Nba hoops, commodore 64,carburators,slot cars,boblo island amusement park,ghetto blaster radios,cross colors used and major damage jeans, pull out radios, metal tonka trucks, the toy gun section at the toystore, slip n slides,records and cassettes,floppy discs......

Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter

Duck Hunt

TMNT

"BMX Plus!"

Pogs

Power Wheels

Funny, you can more or less tell how old someone is by their replies to this thread...

Things I still have include multispeed 20" bikes, 20" Yamaha 'Motobikes', metal Tonka's, slotcar's, minibikes, VHS, CB friends, 8-tracks, and the cars that came with the players, cars with vent windows, points, and probly hundreds of others!!!

Cap Guns,
Shotgun's and 22LR rifles in school to fine tune in Metal Shop or in the trunk. HS shooting teams! HS woodshop, machining, autoshop classes without having to go to JVS.

How bout Beanie Babies, and Cabbage Patch Kid's, and those stupid crybaby dolls?

Things I miss...LOL, more crap I have! Solid Metal lawn chairs, aluminum lawn chairs, speedboats with FINS! Cragar SS's with GOLD center's! Kelsey Hayes wheels!, aluminum decked Toro mowers, LawnBoy, Mini Mo and Oliver tractors, any product that lasted over ten years, like my 1948 General Electric refrigerator in the shop! REAL wood furniture that doesn't cost more than the old world craftsmanship stuff I can pick outa any antique mall,
Monkey Ward, (we still have a Woolworth's AND a Ben Frankin's), downtown business districts being where you shopped.

Shopping without having to look for BPA, knowing who's using growth hormones, GMO, the high fructose corn syrup, aspertame/amino sweet, "flouride", aluminum derivatives, manganese, or a million other chemical compounds. What have they done to the hard salami? Nuttin's listed, but it aint the way it usta be?

The knowledge of a particular camera that made you a Master photographer, without a light meter(there's another one), or any digitized BS that's still not up to what we used to use. Movies that are in focus as the camera pans. Ever seen Ben Hur's chariot race? It's in focus! Try watching any new movie with it's spectacular CG, when the camera pans IRL, it fuzzes cuz it doesn't know what to do with the mass of input!