Products that have disappeared since your childhood

POP ROCKS!

LOTS of DRAG STRIPS have fallen by the wayside.

James Dean & Elvis have left the building.

blue berry hubba bubba

the old "green" money (not that big face crap that looks like someone spilled kool-aid on it)

british knights

rebook pumps

Bo Knows

mcdonalds happy meals in the shapes of cars from the dukes of hazzard with stickers you got to apply urself

the houston oilers

three rivers stadium

surge

nickelodien green slime shampoo "gets ya clean, won't turn ya green"

Do you guys remember the Honda Trail bikes? They had 70 and 50 cc's a few of my friends had them, but my dad was anti mini bike and motorcycle.
trail70.jpg

The 50s are very collectible I got a good friend that has like 45 of them he is as well versed in them as I know turbo buicks....

They are even tougher to find in mint unused condition.......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The product I believe is still around but the clever method of advertising is long since gone...I am referring to the Burma Shave signs they would space along major highways starting I think in the mid west or Minnesota back in the 1950s-60s time frame.

Still missing from my childhood:

Captain Midnight decoder ring.

Mattel Fanner 50 handgun.

First girlfriend who was a terrific second baseman!!

'53 Corvette driven by Dr. Dick Thompson that I saw driving down our street in '53. Where is that Vette? First sold in Virginia. I was holding my Dad's hand when we saw it drive by, and I was floored!

Captain Kangaroo.

Marilyn Monroe!! God, I loved that girl!!!

My '34 Chevy.

(but still have my Lionel train set from 1952. AND, I still play with it!! Set it up around the tree at Christmas. AND with an American Flyer set from 1956 and the TEXAS SPECIAL Lionel set from 1957. Never get tired of them!!)

Bruce '87 Grand National

I'm catching a buzz so,
Olympia beer
Strohs
Hams
Mickeys (with the real wide mouth)
rotary phones (I have one that I still use in my garage)
console record players
black and white only televisons
boom boxes
parachute pants
mullets
Radio stations signed off just like tv did. Most didn't stay running 24 hours
Junk toys made in japan, not china
big green machine

I need another beer, so that it is for tonight:biggrin:

How many xases of Mickeys do ya want? Its still here in Kansas:biggrin:

Green Slime that came in the plastic garbage can.

Silly Putty.

I miss Olds and Pontiac! :mad:

Love the Leg Warmers!

We missed our childhood so much we threw an 80's party. Pictured is my wife and my best friends wife.
100_2079.jpg

Me and my best friend arresting a perp, can you figure out who we went as?

100_2100.jpg

Not sure if Coca-Cola does it any more but I member years ago traveling down south.....they had bottling plants and would refill the glass bottles....back when coke was like 15 cents or so a bottle.

brings up another point...bottle openers don't see many of them anymore caps twist off......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

How about these.Chrysler made these in the late 70's.My friend has 15 of these along with his colection of 30 trail 50's and 70's

Attachments

• 2006007.jpg
    2006007.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 119
We missed our childhood so much we threw an 80's party. Pictured is my wife and my best friends wife.
100_2079.jpg

Me and my best friend arresting a perp, can you figure out who we went as?

100_2100.jpg

Can't tell who you guys went as but thats a nice 355 you got there.