Products that have disappeared since your childhood

1) My eyesight

2) Getting thru the day without pain anywhere

3) Sunoco 260 & 280 gas

4) Vinal records (still plenty in Tag Sales)

5) Roller Derby

6) Good old fashion BIKER MOVIES.

7) the 3 stooges

8) Sean Connery JAMES BOND movies. (too me those were the best 007 movies.)

9) Stingray bikes

10) Drive in Theaters

Drive in Theaters . -There`s still one around in south jersey. Most in area have been closed. Pretty cool drive in.

Drive in Theaters . -There`s still one around in south jersey. Most in area have been closed. Pretty cool drive in.

They have one on Cape cod, It is always pack with YAHOO VACTIONERS who let thier KIDS run wild so you can't enjoy the movie.

What is it with the NEW generation letting the KIDS run them? :mad:

Every resturant I go too its the same deal!

Still missing from my childhood:

Captain Midnight decoder ring.

Mattel Fanner 50 handgun.

First girlfriend who was a terrific second baseman!!

Marilyn Monroe!! God, I loved that girl!!!

Lionel train set

I still have my 6 BATMAN FLICKER RINGS.

MY GUN OF CHIOCE was Mattel THE TOMMY GUN

First Girl COULD SUCK THE CHROME OFF A BUMPER

MY GIRL WAS RAQUEL WELCH

MY TRAIN SET WAS AMERICAN FLYER. Would run that mother FULL speed like GOMEZ and make it run off the track.

Well yeah, we were Crockett and Tubbs, lol. That's OK it took me until today to figure out what Notacarlo's screen name meant. I didn't want to ask, but then it hit me, duh.

LOL You sure it wasn't Cracky and tubby?:biggrin: Was way to easy.:tongue::biggrin:

I still have my 6 BATMAN FLICKER RINGS.

MY GUN OF CHIOCE was Mattel THE TOMMY GUN

First Girl COULD SUCK THE CHROME OFF A BUMPER

MY GIRL WAS RAQUEL WELCH

MY TRAIN SET WAS AMERICAN FLYER. Would run that mother FULL speed like GOMEZ and make it run off the track.

The year I was in Vietnam Raquel (sp) Welch was there with Bob Hope.....got to see them in Cam Rahn Bay.....(1966-67)..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

1) My eyesight

2) Getting thru the day without pain anywhere

3) Sunoco 260 & 280 gas

4) Vinal records (still plenty in Tag Sales)

5) Roller Derby

6) Good old fashion BIKER MOVIES.

7) the 3 stooges

8) Sean Connery JAMES BOND movies. (too me those were the best 007 movies.)

9) Stingray bikes

10) Drive in Theaters

I was just in Carlisle swap meet last week and several vendors had restored Stingray bikes for sale...they fetch now several thousand dollars depending on model.

As for James Bond interesting enough I am covering this in my weekly inner circle this week....turns out all these years the DB5 Aston Martin that Bond used in Goldfinger.....has spent most of its life right here in Philadelphia. Individual bought it years ago from Aston Martin for the lowly sum of 12 grand....car has 30,000 miles on it and everything still works. The other DB5 they used was stolen years ago never to surface again. RM Auctions later this month is auctioning the Bond car....expected to fetch 5 million or better...

So from a 12 thousand dollar investment to 5 million or better......good return!
Sean was and probably considered by most to be the most recognized James Bond.

Aston Martin never realized the value of that car when they sold it for 12 grand back in the day.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Do you guys remember the Honda Trail bikes? They had 70 and 50 cc's a few of my friends had them, but my dad was anti mini bike and motorcycle.
trail70.jpg

I had a red 70 mini trail. It was a wheelie machine. Sold it for 200 bucks when I out grew it. Upgraded to a "Big Red" honda three wheeler. Wish I would have kept it.
A friend of mine collects them he has 4 blue ones.
I guess I would add
3 WHEELERS to the list.