I think I have a thieving ghost in my house.

jdpolzin

Ok, I'm a little pissed right now. I lost my keys in my house yesturday. I was out in th garage, came inside to check out the new posts on TurboBuick.Com - The World Wide Web under BOOST! - Buick Grand National, GNX, T-Type about the moron posting BWeavy's personal info, I know I'm a little detailed here but I remember everything distinctly. Anyways, I set my keys on my computer desk next to the monitor. So fast forward to this morning, I get ready for work, go to grab my keys and they are gone. I have torn my entire house apart and cannot find them anywhere. Luckily I had a spare for my truck so I got to work just fine. My girlfriend and I have spent the entire evening looking for them. NO DICE!:mad:

About 3 months ago, I had this hat that was my favorite hat. I had it on when I went out with my buddies to the hockey game. I get home, set it on top of the couch, I remember this distinctly. Then I go to bed. I wake up in the morning and go to grab my hat, GONE and never to be found again.

Last year, a buddy of mine comes over for a few brewski's. I had a different hat on that night. I go to bed and hang my hat on my door knob. I wake up, hats gone and never to be seen again.

The wierd thing about this is there have been a few other things that have just disappeared. I dont have a huge house and there is nobody here except my dog and I. I have a big dog but he could never eat an entire hat. And, he doesnt chew things up anyways. I'm starting to really get freaked out about this stuff. If I had a big house, I'd expect things to disappear and someday show up. The thing is, this stuff has never showed up. WTF????

Anybody else think somethings fishy or am I losing it?:confused:

LOL, Your wigging out on us buddy!! :biggrin: big Sounds like your girlfreind might be the culprit!! watching you go crazy.

Scot W.

A friend of mine had a house where random stuff would disappear. Sentimental stuff. And reappear in weird places. Like, His grandmas bible which never left his dresser drawer. Till it was gone for a couple of months, and then it showed up on the kitchen counter. :confused:

It's not a ghost or thief. It's a disease. There is no cure.

Recently, I was diagnosed with AAADD: Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decided to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I spotted the mail on the hall table. I should go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay the car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first. Since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I might as well pay the bills first.

I see my chequebook on the table, but there is only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk, where I find the bottle of juice that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the juice aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

But the juice is getting warm, and should be put in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

Heading toward the kitchen with the juice, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye. They need to be watered.

I set the juice down on the counter, and find my reading glasses, for which I've been searching all morning.

I had better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly spot the TV remote.

Someone left it on the kitchen table. Tonight when we sit down to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it's on the kitchen table. I should put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I put the remote back down on the table, and get some towels to wipe up the spill on the floor.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm bottle of juice sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one cheque in my chequebook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

I'm trying to figure out why nothing got done today; it's quite baffling because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I know this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favour, will you?

Forward this message to whoever you think might enjoy it, because I don't

remember who I've already sent it to.

I feel your pain. Yes I can relate. Its because of these type of unexplainable disappearances that I'm convinced we are being studied by advanced alien lifeforms. They snatch (beam out) our things when we aren't looking to run experiments. I know this sounds crazy but it is the ONLY logical explaination.

if your keys are gone the car might be next! start sleeping in it, or take the wheels off and put it on jackstands so it cant get away!

Girlfriend got a set of keys?
2 of the 3 cases involving missing articles (hats) happened after you spent some time with your buds. May not need Sherlock Holmes on this one.

:biggrin: God I must be getting old!!!!

Well I think I have to agree with "GSGNS4ME" on this one. I do have an odd tendounsy to get caught in doing way to many things at once! I'm a sinlge dad! I am really starting to think my dog must have eaten my hats!

BUT GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FOUND MY KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my girlfriend and I looked for them until midnight last night. Still no Dice. And we even shook my dog to see if he "jingled". Then this morning I started putting some tools away that were on the counter, yes I know, tools on the counter - car parts in the bedroom, paint booth in the basement, how on Earth do I have a girlfriend right???!!!:confused: ;) Anyways, I grab a screwdriver, a battery drill, some bolts, and the hood insulators for my car off the counter. I go out to the garage and start putting this crap away. I open up the drawer in the tool box to throw my screwdrivers in and get what I see!! MY KEYS!

The messed up thing about this is how did I lock my garage door the night before? I had to get my spare key yesturday morning to open up the man door???:confused:

Man I'm losing it.:eek:

Get your dog's gutts X-ray'd. :eek: might find your keys.

Since there's no ghosts, it's either you, your GF or your dog.

I have a big dog but he could never eat an entire hat. And, he doesnt chew things up anyways.

My daughter's black lab has eaten a pair of tubesocks that were folded inside of eachother and pair of her underwear...threw up the socks, pooped out the underwear:biggrin:

I hate that!!! I had to literally pull a string that was about 25 feet long out of my dogs butt after he decided a role of kite string looked tastey when he was a pup! That was disgusting!

He also likes to chew on sticks when he's outside, sometimes I think I could use his turds as firestarters!

i was watching cops last night, they pulled over a (suspicious)trans-am doing 40 on the freeway.....guess what they find/had been "used"?and it looked like a LIFETIME SUPPLY....