Products that have disappeared since your childhood

I loved the local bowling alley ARCADE room. Pinball was my favorite!

Attachments

• pinballs.jpg
    pinballs.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 166
Juke boxes that played actual physical things. a.k.a. - records.
The best place to talk to the girls was at the local pizza place while picking what tune to play.

HOT PANTS, AFROS & SOUL TRAIN... NOT THAT I WOULD WEAR EITHER OF THEM! :biggrin::rolleyes:

Attachments

• hot pants2.jpg
    hot pants2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 181
Ginsu knives

Capezzios

Parachute pants

When women wore stretchies and leg warmers in public w/o covering their a$$

Permanently mounted car phones that put out 3w of power

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

AMC, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Vista Cruisers, Country Squires, etc.

I remember the car phones. Them things were like holding a size 10 shoe to your face. Transformers,thundercats,and just the good old bugs bunny. Matchbox keycars. Voltron toys. The adissy Video game. We still have one that works!

I loved the local bowling alley ARCADE room. Pinball was my favorite!

Quick story involving pinball machines. When I traveled alot in the 1970s I would buy pinball machines down south and bring them home and sell them...

In the 1980s, I sold our personal 1967 ram air firebird 400 to a gentleman out of chicago who owned a company called electric windings....they made the coils for the major pinball machines such as Williams and the like. I think Williams was one of the last ones in business.

Today he is a massive collector of pinball machines and have several hundred of them all in a huge building in year order and all plugged in....my firebird sits in the same building.

We still have one of the pinball machines called high speed from years ago....not used it since we moved.....

I also have a small wooden pinball machine dated from 1934-36......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Black and White TV's with a neon white halo around the screen.

I also remember the phones had different rings for different people on the "party line". Only dialed four numbers to get anyone in town.

Grandpa had this huge short wave radio and used to talk to people from Italy. He also made his own wine (a few hundred gallons) in the basement

I remember my dad buying 5 gallons of Ethel (premium gas) for $1.00. His 55 Cadillac got 20 mpg because I remember him doing the math 3 times to be sure.

My first job paid $1.25/hour in a bakery back in the mid 60's.

I pumped gas for 24.9 cents/gallon regular and 26.9 cents/gallon ethel. A quart of oil was 25 cents.

Kids could play outside and no one would kidnap or molest you.

No one locked up anything.

Mikey

things in the past

I remember when i was sick the doctor use to make house calls.TV programs like sky king,Cannon Ball ( about a train ), Whirley Bird ( about cops patroling in the sky ) The late,late,late show on channel 9:eek: now im giving away my age. going to the store to get my father a pk of ciggaretts at the age of 9 with out any crap and paying .40 cents a pk. Good thing i quit in 84 nw they are 10.00-12.00 bucks a pk

Wired remotes.

UHF.

ZDDP.

Real Tonka Trucks (made of metal and could handle a M80 landmine).

Reebok Pumps

Tight roled and Stone wash Jeans.

My 401K

I'm catching a buzz so,
Olympia beer
Strohs
Hams
Mickeys (with the real wide mouth)
rotary phones (I have one that I still use in my garage)
console record players
black and white only televisons
boom boxes
parachute pants
mullets
Radio stations signed off just like tv did. Most didn't stay running 24 hours
Junk toys made in japan, not china
big green machine

I need another beer, so that it is for tonight:biggrin:

hello people; I saw the word garbage and I thought of the garbage man. His job was to pick up food waste or swill from each house. I remember this guy was a large black man who carried a barrel up on his sholder and he would dump your swill in the barrel and move on. Also most of the swill containers where dug into the ground.
IBBY

Common sense, GOOD customer service, and general respect all seem to be disappearing at a pretty alarming rate. :(

Evel Knevel Supercycle
The "Big Wheel"
O.J. Simpson "Juicemobiles"
Lay's Potato Chip CANS
RC and peanuts
Schwinn (the real one, not the cheap knockoffs)
The local "Bicycle Motorcross"
Members Only and Izod
Polo and Hai Karate colone :biggrin:
Bias Ply L-60's
3/4 cams
Glasspacks
8 tracks and vinyl
Home Stereo
Pushmowers and finally...

Frozen orange juice.

Do you guys remember the Honda Trail bikes? They had 70 and 50 cc's a few of my friends had them, but my dad was anti mini bike and motorcycle.
trail70.jpg

Do you guys remember the Honda Trail bikes? They had 70 and 50 cc's a few of my friends had them, but my dad was anti mini bike and motorcycle.
trail70.jpg

Hello people; I do remember the Honda mini trail but nothing that looks like that one. That's better than new.
not from my childhood but happy hours are a thing of the past.
IBBY