Precision PT61

Turbo Zo1

What success has any had with the Precison Pt61 turbo. I am asking because I had a PT51 with 42.5 lbs injectors and ran 7.40 in the 1/8 with a stock intercooler. Now I have upgraded to a new PT61 with 55lbs injectors and a stretched intercooler. Just curious what I should expect.

I have a PT-61, but my times aren't great examples. I just found out today that I had my wastegate plumbing set up incorrectly (that damn orifice thing gets me every time) so no matter how many times I turned the wastegate rod in, the boost was stuck at 21-22 PSI.

Anyhow, at 21-22 PSI my best times to date are in my sig. 1/8th was 7.6 @ 93.

I've been goofing around with a combination of a "grainger" valve and a manual bleeder all day today. Now I have just a little too much boost - it won't go lower than 22 or so. It's cool for now since I have 100 octane in it, but I need to be able to crank it down a little. I think if I ditch the stock orifice/wye thing and replace it with an unrestricted wye I'd be in good shape.

Jim

after tuning you should gain 3-5 mph. I have pt 61, stretch stock location, 57lb inj , unopened motor and turn 96 in the 1/8

I switched from a 52 to the PT61 P trim and the power difference is amazing. I've only got to run the 1/8th mile on the 61 but it ran 7.24 @ 93.74mph and having problems with the 2-3 shift. On a clean pass it will be a high 7.1x. The best on the 52 was 7.33 in the 1/8th.

The 61 pulls big time on the top so the 1/8th might not tell the whole story when running the ¼. My 61 feels stronger at 18psi than my 52 did at 26psi, and that's no BS.