Ported Heads vs. Alky injection

87bigcut

I am getting a motor built and it is going together soon. So the question is should I buy ported heads now or alcohol injection. Alky is about half the price which would ease that cost but putting alky on is easier than a head swap. Any suggestions?

Joe

87bigcut said:
I am getting a motor built and it is going together soon. So the question is should I buy ported heads now or alcohol injection. Alky is about half the price which would ease that cost but putting alky on is easier than a head swap. Any suggestions?

Joe

How fast are you wanting to go??? Also what turbo and converter do you have??

Let me be the first to say I LOVE my alky kit from Razor. But, If the motor is out of the car, I'd put the heads on it.

Be a lot easier to add the alky later.

HTH

What injectors do you have? Heads will require larger ones, unless you have at least 42.5's. Add injectors and chips to the cost of heads, if not.

If the motor is out and apart, at least get a 3 angle valve job and blend it in. Should only add $150 to the heads and you'll make more HP on less boost.

Heads

After you get the block back in the car it will cost you a lot to do them later on. Save some time and money and do them now.

The mods are not going to stop with the alky anyways so you might as well do the heads now and then the alky later on. :D

Its much easier to make more power with ported heads and with less chance of detonation/KR. I'd bite the bullet and do the heads now. I know mine will be done the first time they have to come off.