Picked up a NICE ONE!

Shane,

Congrats on the purchase of this low mile mint GN!!!:) I don't know if you give your Buicks nick names (well other than #15 and so on) but if you do might I suggest you call this one the "Time Machine" as it almost looks like it takes you back to 1987:cool:

That's a really nice looking GN.
I would say it's definitely a keeper.
Good find.

Patrick

Thanks! Its a keeper for sure!

Take that sucker right to the chassis shop and start on a chromoly tube chassis! They will appreciate the fact that they wont even get dirty (except for the Buick oil leaks):biggrin:
On the stripe, get off what you can using a plastic spatula and a heat gun, bug and tar remover on the residual glue and then hand glaze it.
Nice find by the way!

I am supposed to pick up a shell from Bweavy soon to do that one with;) that will probably take years though.

Thanks for the hint on the stripe, this car hasn't seen much daylight at all so I don't think it will be bad...

Beautiful car!! Nice find! Sounds like you tow GN's as much as I do. Want a neat little hint on making GN/TR towing (tie downs) even easier and more secure???

I attach a strap hook to each of the "jack point holes", and then criss cross the straps. You know the holes I'm talking about, they're the large ones on the frame. One behind each front wheel, and one in front of each rear wheel.

This way, you're attached to the frame, no stress on suspension components, and no axle straps, etc.

It makes hookup REALLY easy (because my space in cramped inside of an enclosed trailer). Just bend over, and you can "feel" the hook right into the hole!

Haven't tried that, Thanks! I have been using the axle straps on the back to keep the pressure off of the rear suspension. I agree your way would be better!

I'm moving into your garage :D Nice find

Jim, you are always welcome here bud!

Shane,

Congrats on the purchase of this low mile mint GN!!!:) I don't know if you give your Buicks nick names (well other than #15 and so on) but if you do might I suggest you call this one the "Time Machine" as it almost looks like it takes you back to 1987:cool:

That is a good one. I just use numbers though, hell I can't keep up with them that way most of the time LOL! Picking which few to sale is killing me though. I hate to part with any of them. I keep finding excuses for them LOL!

I attach a strap hook to each of the "jack point holes", and then criss cross the straps. You know the holes I'm talking about, they're the large ones on the frame. One behind each front wheel, and one in front of each rear wheel.

This way, you're attached to the frame, no stress on suspension components, and no axle straps, etc.

+1

Nice find

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I have 2 87 GN's and a 87 T and a 86 T I am considering selling. I just don't know what to do. I really don't want to sale any of them but I guess enough is enought:tongue: Each car has reasons to stay so I just don't know. I have been waiting to talk to Brian and get his advice on which ones to let go!!

Patrick waves his hands over his crystal ball.....

I predict in 5 years, T-Types and Turbo Ts will be more desirable than GNs and GNXs. In 10 years, (if the 2012 Mayan prediction doesn't come true) people will start to pay GNX prices for virgin or mint condition 87 Limiteds and even more for 86 T-Types with Leather interiors.
I'd weed out the GNs and stick with the Ts and keep that mint GN you just picked up as your one GN. Variety is the spice of life.
Just my predictions and thoughts.

Patrick

P.S. When you gonna post up some pics of your collection?

Patrick waves his hands over his crystal ball.....

I predict in 5 years, T-Types and Turbo Ts will be more desirable than GNs and GNXs. In 10 years, (if the 2012 Mayan prediction doesn't come true) people will start to pay GNX prices for virgin or mint condition 87 Limiteds and even more for 86 T-Types with Leather interiors.
I'd weed out the GNs and stick with the Ts and keep that mint GN you just picked up as your one GN. Variety is the spice of life.
Just my predictions and thoughts.

Patrick

P.S. When you gonna post up some pics of your collection?

I have posted alot of them. Over time. When we have our cookout on the 25th hopefully I will have about 7-8 of them out on display. Only 5-6 of them are nice. The rest are in different stages of "help needed," from paint work to some rust repair:biggrin: About 11 of them are running. One is still scattred around at the body shop, chassis shop, here LOL. I have 2 with motors out and 1 with trannies out getting redone. One is a an old 82 regal, but has the lier seats and good tops etc.... I don't like to really count that one but.....Brian told me to count it:biggrin:

I am kinda of with you on the T thing. One I am considering selling is an 86 T-Top car with 180K on it. It needs paint but has NO RUST and runs like a champ. I could put a nice paint job on it and it would be a NICE car. The other T is an 87 T-Top that needs paint and about $500 spent under the hood removing non factory type junk but has a strong rebuilt motor and trans and would be a high 11 sec car I think with a decent tune.

The other two I am considering selling are 87 GN's. One is a T Top and one is a hard top. They both are high mile cars. One is rusted pretty bad, not beyond repair. The tops car is getting head gaskets and a tranny rebuild.

Nice car Shane. 15??? I always wondered how the "other half" lived!! :D

It ain't like that dude, I wish. I work hard and don't spend money on other vices and invest in cars instead of the stock market. Not a bad idea judging by the DOW latley LOL!!!!

"One I am considering selling is an 86 T-Top car with 180K on it. It needs paint but has NO RUST and runs like a champ"

What color combo is the T-type? Just curious.

NICE GN MAN!

Right now it is actually primer'd. It has gray interior! It does run great, can hop in it and go anywhere!

Real nice fine. Looks very clean, hope to see your collection soon :D

If those are not painted on then some heat and time will take it off. I used a simple blow dyrer and 70 degree day to take off advertising on my last truck. and then Gasoline to take off the rest of the glue.