PC and cellphone ?

Dwayne

Narrow A$$ Racing
Hey All.........quick question, when I'm at home and on the pc, online or not, and my cell rings or I pick it up to make a call, the pc speakers pop and crackle bad. It will "squal and make horrible sounds unless I move about 10' away.........any suggestions ?

Yeah mine does get some interference if I have the cellphone near the computer. Not exactly as you described, but I do get some buzzing/humming/beeping through the speakers. Almost sounds like Morse Code. Usually right before the phone rings.

I just move the phone across the room. It's easier than moving the computer. :biggrin:

Steve

BigDaddy said:
Hey All.........quick question, when I'm at home and on the pc, online or not, and my cell rings or I pick it up to make a call, the pc speakers pop and crackle bad. It will "squal and make horrible sounds unless I move about 10' away.........any suggestions ?

OK, I just gotta know; What brand cell phone and what service provider??
Being a cell phone tech, you have my curiosity peaked.

TurboDave my cell phone does this to my PC too. I have Nextel and an i850, did the same thing with my i95cl. I can tell I'm getting a call about 2 seconds before the phone rings. I get what sounds like a wastegate sound through the speakers, like a cha, cha ,cha cha sound. What's causing this????

DonnieShort said:
TurboDave my cell phone does this to my PC too. I have Nextel and an i850, did the same thing with my i95cl. I can tell I'm getting a call about 2 seconds before the phone rings. I get what sounds like a wastegate sound through the speakers, like a cha, cha ,cha cha sound. What's causing this????
All my Nextel phones have done this. I notice it in my car the most. A friend of mine's Nextel phone will make his HD cable box totally cut out (they are both made by Motorola too).

KevinB said:
All my Nextel phones have done this. I notice it in my car the most. A friend of mine's Nextel phone will make his HD cable box totally cut out (they are both made by Motorola too).

Wonder why it does this?

I wasn't going to say anything in my original post, but I kinda suspected that the complaints would all be related to Nextel phones.
There's nothing much you can do about the problem, it's just something that goes along with using Nextel's signalling technology unfortunately. They are one of the few carriers left that are still using GSM based technology.

Cingular....

Ive got one of those Razors (cuz I liked the ACDC theme song commercial) and my computer speakers will always make a wierd noise just before my cell rings. Not a bad phone but I wish I had downloaded the "La Migra" ringtone before they pulled it.

All my phones have done this, but only when the phone is sitting next to the PC. You hear some noise that sounds like and old time modem - and then the phone rings 2 seconds later.

I have T-mobile, and it happens with samsung, LG, and motorola phones. But, if the phone is even on my belt I dont hear it - just when it sits on the table next to the laptop....

tjthorson said:
All my phones have done this, but only when the phone is sitting next to the PC. You hear some noise that sounds like and old time modem - and then the phone rings 2 seconds later.

I have T-mobile, and it happens with samsung, LG, and motorola phones. But, if the phone is even on my belt I dont hear it - just when it sits on the table next to the laptop....

Like I eluded to, it's not a "phone specific" issue. It's the signalling protocal used in the older technologies employed by T Mobile, Singular, Nextel and one or two other carriers that utilize GSM.

I have a slightly older Nokia with Cingular service, does that to the stereo in one of my vehicles!!?? I keep it in a slide in compartment under the stereo, like some of you said, about two seconds before it rings.....BUUUUUZZZZZ!! through the system. At least it makes me turn it down so I can hear the phone ring!!

Same problem here Nextel/BlackBerry,,,I like it since it warns me of a call coming in befor it actually rings... :)

I have cell one, GSM based signal with a Sony phone. Mine does this next to anything that will reproduce sound.
Ive heard it through TVs, my PA setup, my car stereos, clock radio, etc.
But, mine does it randomly. Has nothing to do with getting a call/text msg/ etc. Just at random times you hear it buzz through the speakers. If it was only when getting a call that wouldnt be so bad. But, it happens all the time to me. I actually have to turn it off in our conference room at work because it feeds back through the TV and the computer speakers.

I thought all phones did this.

Happens all the time at work with everyones phone it seems.

I have a Nokia with Cingular and it does it.