Paint and body shop

captflash

Old and Bold
I wont be ready to put my car in the shop until after the Christmas holidays but I would like to start making preparations now and find a shop in the South Florida area, W.P.B. Anywhere from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to Jupiter/Ft. Pierce even Orlando if the shop come highly recommended by someone on the board. If anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it. Thanks kindly.

good luck trying to find one, i am in the same boat, you have to be careful where you take your car too,
i was down here in miami, as i was talking inside the office to the manager, i heard 2 guys come in and saying
" oh-man thats a grandnational, have you tried it yet " i looked at the owner and told him to stop the paper work
he heard it also but tried to play it off a little, he told me we don't do that here, i replied your right , especially not with my car
i took my keys and while i was walking out , i heard him bitching out the 2 guys out.

i then went to someone i know, ( german ) and about 5 tears later the paint is bubbling up really bad, i paid 2500
and even helped sanding down the car ( in order to get it out faster ) i had made one rule with him, if my car had more than a 1/4 mile on it , i was not going to pay for the paint job. the car was never driven and he understood i have way to much money invested to let some idiot wreck my car. so right now the paint on the hood and roof is bubbled up really bad. however when it was just painted it did win, some trophies at some car shows. let me know if you find a decent deal and ill do the same.

Attachments

• my gn 4.jpg
    my gn 4.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 303
  • my gn (2)   tiny.jpg
    my gn (2) tiny.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Picture 107.jpg
    Picture 107.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Picture 233.jpg
    Picture 233.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 302
Did u find someone?
Yeah, I spoke to Southside Autobody, I found his info in another old post, and I am going to take the rusty Gold T Type there sometime in the 3rd week in December.
I am leaving for Mexico in a few days and when I get back I'm going to spend a week in South Florida and meet with the guy to get a firm quote. He has done a few Buicks and has owned a GN.

Grand Nationals 015.jpg
I have a guy here in Melbourne that has painted 2 GN's for me and his work is amazing!! He takes a while but its gonna be perfect! Very reasonable too.

I know of a guy that paints cars here in Orlando. Has done many show winning cars but is not cheap. I don't know what your budget is but can give you info if you are interested.

Thanks everyone for the information.
View attachment 175905 I have a guy here in Melbourne that has painted 2 GN's for me and his work is amazing!! He takes a while but its gonna be perfect! Very reasonable too.
If you could send me his contact info that would be great.Thanks
I know of a guy that paints cars here in Orlando. Has done many show winning cars but is not cheap. I don't know what your budget is but can give you info if you are interested.
While I want a nice job my budget is "somewhat" limited. Plus I would prefer to have it local in the Palm Beach area where a friend of mine can check on it if I'm out of town. Thanks kindly however.

Whoa...you guys are missing a big piece of info.
HOTRODGN Miguel just moved to Florida. He has sprayed some incredible cars. His shop is about ready I do believe. Look him up. He has been in Conn for decades, but recently went south. Before long, every Buick in Florida will be painted by him. He is the man, and trust or honesty will never be an issue.

tlturbo said:
Florida is a BIG state - where is he going to open up?

I'll have to get the name, I believe he is real close to where Don Cruz is from.

I've used Nickee's auto body before in West Palm Beach...not for my T but for other cars...they are always busy and have and I always see very expensive cars there new and old

An update. I was given a great recommendation for a paint and body shop in Jupiter and I went and checked out the operation. It's called First Place Auto and Paint and it's called that for a reason. This guy has been at it a long time and his clients have won an incredible amount of car shows. Over 30 concourse wins with Corvettes alone. He is a small operation but a good one and best of all very fairly priced. I spend months each year out of the country so he has had my car for several months, an agreement between us was he could have the car for an extended period and work on it as his schedule allowed. I called him a week before I came in town for an unexpected trip and he had the car torn apart and all in primer. He reassembled the car so I could drive it for the week I was here and I have to say the grey primer look was bad ass! He will be done in a few weeks and I can't wait. My experience with Roy has been stellar. He is very meticulous in his work and it shows. Phone number is 561-339-8641 and he answers.

Flash, If you need a vehicle while in town and car is being worked on i have a few trucks you could borrow. It was nice meeting you at the track and over at Cal's this weekend.

This was from 2 weeks ago, the painter put it together so I could drive it for a week and get to the track!
20130313_182738.jpg