1976 Chevrolet c10 Silverado shortbed project w/ LS3 525hp crate engine +extras

USC87

Like the title says, great project truck. Bought a couple years ago from the previous owner who had it since the 1970s. Truck has a clean title, 130k miles, but the Georgia tag office wrote the title as mileage exempt.

Specs:
SWB fleetside truck, Bench Seat, Silverado Trim, factory rallyes, a/c equipped but locked compressor, manual windows/locks, factory gauge package, 350 4bbl engine, th350 automatic trans, 12 bolt rear end.

Body:
Black paint was redone to original color in the 1990s, shows well but some scratches small chips, dings etc throughout. When repainted, it had bodywork done to the lower fenders by the tires, at least driver cab corner (probably both) and behind rear tires on one side (again probably both).

Interior:
Factory red interior shows good color, nice carpet, nice seatbelts, woodgrain trim nice, dash pad has a couple cracks like most do, previous owner swapped in a shaft-style radio waaaay back in the day which works, but runs off a speaker behind the seat rather than dash. Seat needs recovering, has a cover over it as the lower cushion has cracking in the leather/pleather/vinyl factory cover.

Mechanicals:
350v8 runs and drives. When I bought it, it had a bad exhaust leak at the doughnut gasket, which was repaired along with the exhaust gasket leak. Also had choke on the carb replaced, some new belts/hoses, a new heavy duty battery, both mufflers changed out (system is true duals from manifolds back) valve cover gaskets, and some tuning adjustments made. After fixing all this it became apparent that there was a top end noise that pretty much goes away when warmed up, no metal in the pan at oil changes to check. Transmission shifts well. Tires are brand new Michelin LTX M/S 2s in 235/75/15.

Took the truck on a few 60 mile trips and it did fine with no ill effects other than the low gas mileage you would expect from a truck of its age. After accumulating a bunch of parts as listed below we closed on a new house and I just parked it and haven't done anything with it. Starting it and moving it the other day a front brake line was leaking so that would need to be addressed before driving it much of anywhere other than a trailer.

Extras:
The biggest and best is the GM Performance Parts crate engine - LS3, 525 hp, part number 19301360

Specifications:
Power: 525 HP @ 6300 RPM, 489 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4400 RPM
Displacement: 376 CID, 6.2L
Bore x Stroke: 4.060” x 3.620”
Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
Recommended Fuel: 92 Octane
Block: Cast Aluminum with 6 bolt cross bolted main caps
Crankshaft: Nodular Iron
Connecting Rods: Powdered Metal Steel
Pistons: Hypereutectic Aluminum
Camshaft: Steel Hydraulic Roller Tappet
Cam Lift: .525” Intake / .525” exhaust
Cam Duration @ .050”: 226 deg. Intake / 236 deg. Exhaust
Lobe Separation: 110 Degree
Cylinder Heads: Aluminum L92 style ports
Combustion Chamber: 68cc
Valves: 2.165” Intake/ 1.590” Exhaust
Rocker Arms: Cast Roller Trunnion, 1.7:1 Ratio
Balance: Internal
Reluctor: 58X
Maximum GM Recommended RPM: 6600

Engine Includes:
• Fully GM assembled long block
• Ignition Coils, Plug Wires and Spark Plugs
• Oil pump, pick-up and Camaro oil pan
• Exhaust Manifolds
• EFI Intake with fuel rails, injectors and throttle body
• 14” Auto Trans Flexplate
• Harmonic Balancer
• Front timing cover
• Aluminum Water Pump
• Oil Filter
• Passenger Side RH Oil Dipstick and Tube

Truck also comes with a NOS a/c condenser that is modern type for higher efficiency with the newer refrigerants, new in box lenses for the turn signals and taillights, complete set of brake hoses, and piles of other odds and ends including an electronic speedometer cluster from the r/v series trucks that fits the factory gauge cluster and would be compatible with a 4l80e if that is the trans you decide to use for the swap.

I'm thinking around $11,500 for everything, much less than what it cost to accumulate it all but open to offers or even possible trades for something that is ready to enjoy. I don't have time to work on something like this with all the work I'll be doing on the house.

Pictures of the truck are below, still looks the same except shinier due to being eternally wet right now with the rain that just wont quit...

IMG_2951.jpg
IMG_2952.jpg
IMG_2954.jpg
IMG_2955.jpg
IMG_2956.jpg
IMG_2957.jpg
IMG_2959.jpg
crate.jpg

Where is the truck located?
If in Ga or surrounding states, would you be interested in selling the engine, only?

Last edited:
Where is the truck located?
If in Ga or surrounding states, would you be interested in selling the engine, only?

Located in Cobb County, a little short of halfway between Marietta and Roswell, and yes, might consider selling just the engine as well...I found the installation manual and instruction sheet for the engine, but that is all the paperwork I have at this time. Open to some sort of reasonable offers on it, paid around $9k with taxes/delivery/etc if memory serves right...

Little more info on the truck, spent some time going through it today and what I assumed from behavior to be a brake line leak is actually the master cylinder seal leaking fluid slowly back to the vacuum booster (although there may also be something more.) Filled and bled it today and while it is noticeable that the brakes need work, it is also drivable if you are careful and used to driving something that has such a condition. Wound up test driving the truck on a rush-last-minute trip from East Cobb to Covington (about 50-60 miles distance) and it was up for the trip, albeit with a little pull and decreased performance in the braking... Also just in case it wasn't clear earlier, the body work at least on the lower fenders is showing signs of age and needing to be redone with a lower-body repaint to be really nice, still a good 5 footer though.

Edited for manual, pricing on separation...

Last edited:
Couple pictures from this afternoon, excuse the splashed dirt/mud behind the tires (the faucets are winterized here and I didn't want to open the lines up for a hose):

IMG_1733a.jpg

IMG_1734a.jpg

IMG_1735a.jpg

IMG_1732a.jpg

It appears that JUST the truck is going to be on its way to Texas. Just got the call and a deposit is supposed to be on the way.

This means I'm open to reasonable offers on the engine so I don't need to find something else to put it in eventually...