Original Kenne-Bell/Ron Cosner-Jim Dalessandro tube chassis Grand National

I still talk to Conrad fairly regularly.. he's putting together some kind of supercharged Infiniti SUV or something.

Thats a nice car.. hard to go wrong for the price as long as it will still certify.

Pretty sure its an 8.50 chassis

Sorry I still get a little touchie about my old car.Understood: Job, when ski had it. The 86 white car, I miss that one the most..Good that M fell still has it !!.

Hey Jim, man I remember you cruising that green vette convertible powered by a Buick V6 at the Fri night Grand Nationals at Etown.

Yea the Vette was a killer ride 11.70s 118 thru the exhaust on goodyear GSCs a 1.69 60ft time..270s rear gear,i never opened it up or locked it up..I think with 3:42s open exhaust ,slicks and loc up it would have gone high tens..JIm

Yea the Vette was a killer ride 11.70s 118 thru the exhaust on goodyear GSCs a 1.69 60ft time..270s rear gear,i never opened it up or locked it up..I think with 3:42s open exhaust ,slicks and loc up it would have gone high tens..JIm
Jim how are you doing,I still remember like it was yesterday racing you in Vegas. Great memories but I still think I was better looking lol

Does this roller have a dedicated title or is it strip only? It would make one heck of a pro-streeter.

Lou you were better looking AND faster that day,How are you??Jim
Jim I remember you had that huge basketball turbo you were trying to spool up & that was a problem that day. I also remember that wheel stand you did one year that three out of four wheels were of the ground & you almost put the car on its roof.

Jim I remember you had that huge basketball turbo you were trying to spool up & that was a problem that day. I also remember that wheel stand you did one year that three out of four wheels were of the ground & you almost put the car on its roof.
Actually the reason the car would'nt spool and run faster then 8.60s was that one of the injector harnesses had pulled out enough to not fire 1 cyld...I guess 8s on 5 holes wasnt bad..it went 7.90 the next week after I found the pulled back wire.It was still hard to spool untill we finally got the conveter right .Funny that turbo was huge back then but it was only a 90mm.I miss that white street car ,but that wheelie bent the roof ,thats when we decided to build a car that could handle more hp.Nice hearing from you Lou. Regards Jim

Here's some shots of Jimmy D's engine. How'd I do Firechaser?

Attachments

• Ruggle's V-6 002.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 002.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Ruggle's V-6 012.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 012.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,084
  • Ruggle's V-6 017.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 017.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,085
  • Ruggle's V-6 006.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 006.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,082
  • Ruggle's V-6 010.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 010.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,074
Here's some more.

Attachments

• Ruggle's V-6 009.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 009.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,073
  • Ruggle's V-6 013.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 013.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • Ruggle's V-6 025.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 025.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Ruggle's V-6 021.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 021.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,056
  • Ruggle's V-6 023.jpg
    Ruggle's V-6 023.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,063
I spoke to Jim Ruggles MANY years ago when they were modifying those M&A castings and he said the flow numbers approached those of a full blown stage 2 head. I think they did 2 sets of those and Wayman used the other set on his personal car. Cool old pics!

I was There

When that Beast hit the wall had it on 8mm but that doesnt work anymore, Mustang Grand National Shootout they beat us with their V8 Turbo charged Rustangs, go figure,

I spoke to Jim Ruggles MANY years ago when they were modifying those M&A castings and he said the flow numbers approached those of a full blown stage 2 head. I think they did 2 sets of those and Wayman used the other set on his personal car. Cool old pics!
Yes Bill you are absolutly correct.Wayman had the only other set ever made ..They killed the stg 11 heads in flow #s.You should have seen them when they were new !!Jim D

I heard that there were 3 sets of these heads-Jimmy D had a set, Wayman had a set, and M & A made a spare set which were rough castings. I finally ran down the third set. John (don't remember his last name), who bought Bowling Green Customs had them. I drove to Atlanta and bought the 3rd set from him. They're in my storage room somewhere. Haven't located them yet.

Wish I had seen Jimmy D run his car. It had been wrecked by the time I got onto the Buick scene. I do have some photos of the beast though.

best thread ever.

as a kid dreaming about buicks in high school and salivating over the Kenne Bell catalogue with the pics of 'The' white car in it, and reading about Jim D and seeing pics of this car and 'The' white car in all the popular car mags of the day lit the fire that still burns in me today.

this is awsome.

Good thread no doubt. Love the car, nice past, would love to get her back out there with a 6 back in there. If i had the funds, I'd drop my engine from fear and let her eat! Good luck