Old School Action Fabrication Stock Location Intercooler

I had an Action Fab SLIC on a WE4 years ago and went 10.40's @129-130 with it. I later swapped it for PTE FM and the car ran 10.40's with the PTE FM also. The IAT's went down some but the performance was almost exactly the same. The CAS intercoolers were/are good but I would be willing to bet that there is no gain over a properly functioning stretch intercooler on a high 10 second car.

Thanks for the feedback. First hand results are what I am after. I have decided to try and take the old action fab into the 10's.
Knowing someone has done it makes the decision easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying bowling green customs sold action fabrication stock locations? I do recall BGC stamped on the tank, I'm not sure atr would sell the same item as another vendor back in the day. They made all their own stuff, action fab brings back memories but I can't visualize it at the moment.

Where does the thunder fab stack up?

CAS had the v4R version too, don't forget about it

I have a cas fmic on one car, and a brand new pte fmic on another. Up for sale soon enough.
Yes, I would be surprised if ATR BGC etc. would all be making their own intercoolers. I'm pretty sure the action FAB I have was marketed from ATR. Remember the old ATR super pump? Was nothing more than a Walboro 307 in a stock replacement hanger. Well they did remove the pump feed wire from the three pin connector.
I'm not saying they all came from action fab but from pictures they all look identical except the shrouds.
Same thing goes on today.

Yes, I would be surprised if ATR BGC etc. would all be making their own intercoolers. I'm pretty sure the action FAB I have was marketed from ATR. Remember the old ATR super pump? Was nothing more than a Walboro 307 in a stock replacement hanger. Well they did remove the pump feed wire from the three pin connector.
I'm not saying they all came from action fab but from pictures they all look identical except the shrouds.
Same thing goes on today.

Not trying to start a fight, were you around when those venders were alive?
Bilbo bread looks just like wonder bread, does that mean they were all made at the same place?

LOL

Not trying to start a fight, were you around when those venders were alive?
Bilbo bread looks just like wonder bread, does that mean they were all made at the same place?

LOL
I was around. Still have all the catalogs.
I work in manufacturing. Most everything comes from one supplier that specializes in that component, they make a few tweaks to meat the design spec from the customer and put the companies name on it.

I was around. Still have all the catalogs.
I work in manufacturing. Most everything comes from one supplier that specializes in that component, they make a few tweaks to meat the design spec from the customer and put the companies name on it.

Have you ever held them side by side?

Just kidding. No I have not but do you really think ATR, BGC and the likes were welding up their own intercooler? Well maybe they were and that's why they are no longer in business.

Yes, now what?

Wow! This is a testy thread! Maybe I should jump back in to ruffle some feathers? Haha. J/k! I just sold my BGC Slic. Intercooler was nice, but the shroud was bulky, and ridiculous. That right there was enough for me to get rid of it.