Ok! This Is My Final Combo, What Do You Guys Think?

GNFURY

wooooshhhhhhhhh
STOCK BLOCK
SPEEDPRO 204/214 CAM
CHAMPION IRONS
CHAMPION PORTED INTAKE
CHAMPION PORTED DOG HOUSE
HOME PORTED EXAUST MANIFOLDS
3"THDP
DUTTWIELER FRONT MOUNT IC
TA49 W/ PRECISION EXAUST HOUSING
HOOKER 2.5" DUALS
BUILT TRANNY W/ 3000 STALL 9/11 CONVERTOR
BUILT REAR END WITH STOCK GEAR RATIO
WALBRO 340 FUEL PUMP
55 LB. INJECTORS
NITTO 275 60 15 DR'S
CHIPS BY RED ARMSTRONG
RJC POWER PLATE
HD SPRINGS
BILLSTIEN SHOCKS
HRPARTSNSTUFF UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARMS
ATR BIG SWAY BAR
LOTS O' BOOST
LEAD FOOT

IS THIS COMBO GONNA KICK SOME SERIOUS A$$ ON THE STREET OR WHAT?? ANY HOLES IN THIS COMBO THAT U GUYS CAN SEE?
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS THING WILL BE CAPABLE OF IN STREET AND KILL MODE?
:D

The TA49 and 3000 stall are going to spool to fast. I would go bigger with the turbo or tighter with the convertor. You are going to blow the tires away. I had that combo and even with the Nittos I spun un-contollably to where it wasnt even fun.

Not to but in but I have a similiar combo.. Heads, Cam and etc.. I was plannin on a t63? Would that do? or would it be better to go with a larger one?

GNFURY, This is only my opinion so take it as you may. I personally would go with a 206/206 cam or something like I am running 210/205. I will go the 206/206 next time around. With ported irons and all you should have more motor than you will ever use. The TA49 for your combo is small. If you want to use this combo then drop the convertor down some or go to a larger turbo. A TE44 or the like or a TA61 if you want stock appearing. These cars do not need alot of cam to go very fast. I will also say that the TC and Turbo combo will cause more tire spin than you can imagine. chnage one or the other. I personally would add more turbo. Less boost helps the engine live and turbo and is easier to tune. I personally would also not go with the front mount you have. I would check to see if someone has a stretch for sale and if not go with Jack Cottons Front mount if you need to have one. A good stretch will be cooler, somewhat quicker to spool. I use a CAS V4R and love it. My car is a solid 11.50 car with spare room to turn it up if need be. So far I have not had the need. You will also need to mod your ECM for the 55's but all else looks real good. The only thing you will need is slicks, the nittos will not be much help either.

Nice combo.... just needs more turbo.. a 63 or 64 or 45a all would kick ass with that combo but all 3 of those would prob run you out of single pump and 55 if you turn the boost up.

Sully

THE REASON THAT I HAVE THE TA49 IN THIS COMBO IS THAT I ALREADY HAVE IT. IT CAME WITH THE ENGINE THAT I BOUGHT. WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A STREET CAR. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO RUN RACING FUEL AT 5.00 PLUS A GALLON. I WANT A LOW TO MID 11 CAR IN STREET TRIM, AND FROM WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ON THIS BOARD, HEADS DEFINITELY HELP IN THIS SITUATION. SO BOTTOM LINE, I JUST NEED TO HAVE MORE TURBO, HUH. MY CAR IS NOT EVEN PUT TOGETHER YET. I JUST HAVE THESE PARTS IN A PILE IN THE GARAGE. IF I PUT THE COMBO TOGETHER LIKE THIS TO GET THE CAR RUNNING, WILL THIS BE OK TILL I GET A BIGGER TURBO LATER ON????? AND ALSO, AS FAR AS THE FRONT MOUNT IS CONCERNED, I CANT SEE SPENDING ALL THAT DOUGH ON A STOCK LOCATION, WHEN I CAN GET THE FRONT MOUNT FOR THE SAME MONEY.

Originally posted by GNFURY
THE REASON THAT I HAVE THE TA49 IN THIS COMBO IS THAT I ALREADY HAVE IT. IT CAME WITH THE ENGINE THAT I BOUGHT. WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A STREET CAR. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO RUN RACING FUEL AT 5.00 PLUS A GALLON. I WANT A LOW TO MID 11 CAR IN STREET TRIM, AND FROM WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ON THIS BOARD, HEADS DEFINITELY HELP IN THIS SITUATION. SO BOTTOM LINE, I JUST NEED TO HAVE MORE TURBO, HUH. MY CAR IS NOT EVEN PUT TOGETHER YET. I JUST HAVE THESE PARTS IN A PILE IN THE GARAGE. IF I PUT THE COMBO TOGETHER LIKE THIS TO GET THE CAR RUNNING, WILL THIS BE OK TILL I GET A BIGGER TURBO LATER ON????? AND ALSO, AS FAR AS THE FRONT MOUNT IS CONCERNED, I CANT SEE SPENDING ALL THAT DOUGH ON A STOCK LOCATION, WHEN I CAN GET THE FRONT MOUNT FOR THE SAME MONEY.

First things first, turn your caps lock off. :D ;)

..I think you combo and turbo will be fine for the times you want on race gas but not on pump. I would get a TE45a, if you decided to upgrade the turbo. Keep in mind, these cars are all about tuning, the parts alone will not get the times you want.

Your combo sounds remotely similar to mine, except i'm home porting my heads and intake using the TA 49. I'll let you know how it works in a week or two ;) As far as the intercooler goes, i'll agree with GNFURY and machinegun and say that you could buy a nice stock location that will more than fulfill your goals and perhaps put the extra cash towards a bigger turbo should you choose so. I think that a mid to low 11 sec ride might be maxing out that turbo, but high 11's should be easily attainable with alchy if it's gotta be on pump gas. If you don't want to use alchy then i guess a biiig turbo might the way to get your low et's.

enough chit chat:D what do I need to change in this combo to run a low/mid 11 in street trim???

see above posts. turbo.... 11.70 is as fast as a 49 will go on race gas... or there abouts and if you want to do it on pump gas I would say alchy injection.

Steve

ok OR, if I dump the converter for a tighter one, what will the car be worth then? all things the same?

If you decide on a bigger turbo,i might be interested in your 49.!! later-kurt

although a tighter converter may match the 49 better, and I am not convinved of that, then it still won't make you faster... Running 28 PSI boost, which you can't do on pump gas, with a 44 we could only get 11.70-11.80s out of it.

Sully

a low 11 sec car is not a "street" car, it is a race car that you can drive on the street (roll bar and all)

without slicks, race gas, and prepared surface, your low 11 sec car becomes a 12 sec car

what are your goals?

(If you really want a low 11 sec street car, build a low 10 sec car or more, run race gas & slicks all the time..)

your combo is mismatched....lotsa motor, no turbo

a fast street car that will beat 99% of street cars is a 12 sec car....your basic TA-49, exhaust, injectors, I/C, good gas or alky and some traction:D