What chip or tuning do you guys think I should run with my combo?

kolb02

My motor consists of champion ported heads, stock bottom end except for forged pistons, ported intake, Rev X hyd roller cam, TA64 turbo, Razors alky, DP, and 60lb injectors with hotwire kit. This will be a street car with about 2 track times a year. What should I run for a chip? I ordered a 5.7 chip from Eric with LS1 MAF, do you guys think that's the right choice? I really want to run high 10's with the car and let it live for along time.

TT is a great chip. I assume you have the translator for the LS1 maf

Yes, I got the translator from him too. I just want to make sure I made the right choice for my goals.

I ran TT chips before the translator and they worked well and the idle was awesome. I went with Extender Extreme G to use all my translator features.

There is quite a bit of fuel and timing adjustability in the 5.7tt and if you have the power logger it is easier to adjust with the laptop.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If your getting a powerlogger might as well get a wideband and sd chip but keep in mind the Tpro is basically a SD chip with some added features. If it's already hooked up why not run it? It has boost, timing, fuel control as well as AFR correction.

Time in my sig is with a TT 5.7 chip...stock short block...a good set of heads...62mm turbo...Powerlogger and tuning with NB.

Last edited:
As long as the combination is mild enough to idle and run reasonably well at stoichiometric (at least long enough for the chip to do a periodic closed loop learn) then I would say a MAF based system is a good way to go. It's more like stock and a bit simpler, actually much simpler when it comes to tuning. With the 5.7 chip I strongly recommend that you have your finalized tune settings burned into the chip permanently so that there's no possibility of losing them due to an unexpected reset. Eric at TT can handle that for you just ask him.

If the combo is more radical with an aggressive cam and big (over 80lb) injectors and it runs poorly at stoichiometric, then SD is the way to go.

No it will work. I like the 6.1. It adds O2 wideband tracking at WOT. You should be running a Powerlogger anyway to review your tune.