What do you think of this wheel setup?

1419794850090.jpg

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/love-it-or-hate-it-its-still-awesome-6-speed-gn.321944/

I love the purist comments about the LSX and 6 speed.

Lol, great info thanks! I am going to do 9.5 all the way around to give it the factory stance and proportion, I Just think 11 is too wide in the rear on these cars, I would not go over 1.5 Inches between the front and back to keep it proportionate, of course we are taking about 18's not 15's that's a different story so no body chew me out haha

Pulled the trigger on these today I will post pics up once I get them, thank for your advice!

Where'd you buy them from? And silly question, is a 5x120 the same as a 5 x 4 3/4?

Last edited:
Where'd you buy them from? And silly question, is a 5x120 the same as a 5 x 4 3/4?

Onlinewheelsdirect.com ask for Tony, as for the bolt pattern you will get mixed answers, 5x120 will sit on our cars but not dead center because of the minor difference and I don't consider that safe, especially with our heavy strong cars, I am going to run adapters to space them out and correct the bolt pattern

I did not end up going with the nitto inzos because of their limited sizes, I will post what I ended up with in a little

So I agree with you, I needed the tires to be taller and nitto did not have the size combo I needed so i went with the toyo proxes 4 plus, it's a high speed all season tire which kind of reminds me of the factory tread which is the style I'm going to go with since the wheels are gnx inspired, they have some deep tread so im hoping I get some life out of them on the rears, here Is the size I went with

Front: 255/40/18
Rear: 285/35/18

Both of these will sit at 26" tall which is exactly oem diameter :cool:

I will post pics up once I get them

Attachments

• 1419921570792.jpg
    1419921570792.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 145
Good choice, I've heard good things about the Proxes 4 Plus. They have a 50k Mile warranty so they should last you a bit unless you're smoking them consistently. ;)

Here is a better pic

What? The hell with longevity. Get something that sticks! When they wear-out tell your wife you have to sell the shed you moved into when you sold the house:LOL::LOL:

All kidding aside......Are you really going to drive this thing all weather? Also, you said your shooting for 650HP. My car runs 10.70's on just under 12 lbs of boost. I keep it at 12 lbs for street driving.(set for 10 but goes to 12) and I can blow away the 325/50R15 Mickey Thomsons at a 65mph cruise. You would be able to do the same.

What? The hell with longevity. Get something that sticks! When they wear-out tell your wife you have to sell the shed you moved into when you sold the house:LOL::LOL:

All kidding aside......Are you really going to drive this thing all weather? Also, you said your shooting for 650HP. My car runs 10.70's on just under 12 lbs of boost. I keep it at 12 lbs for street driving.(set for 10 but goes to 12) and I can blow away the 325/50R15 Mickey Thomsons at a 65mph cruise. You would be able to do the same.

I'm moving to New York if I get kicked out! Haha I got these because longevity= more rubber = more tire to spin :D

No I'm not even going to let it see rain but they have amazing reviews on grip, how quiet they are (tested on srt8's). They have a softer sidewall so im hoping I get better traction especially at almost 12" wide tire.

Yea you can put gorilla glue on your tires and it's still going to spin them with that power! You have a stock turbo?

Good choice, I've heard good things about the Proxes 4 Plus. They have a 50k Mile warranty so they should last you a bit unless you're smoking them consistently. ;)

Can't wait to smoke them, I will be surprised if I get 10k out of the rear lol, which this car will be driven about 3k a year so not too bad