What do you think of this wheel setup?

GN918

Hey there, I'm new to the gn world and I'm ready to dive in! I sent her off to get the motor and transmission built so until then I am trying to figure out my wheel and tire combo. Please let me know what you think and if this setup will work thanks!

Wheels: XXR 531 black with machined lip

Front: 18x9.5 / -5 offset (using adapters so this is adjustable) 255/35/18 Nitto Invos

Rear: 18x9.5 / ? Offset 275/35/18 Nitto Invos

This is the closest wheel I found that looks like the ccw classics without the bolt design around the rim but does not break the bank. I can't do the 8.5 in the front because they look to shallow for my taste.

Also, should I do 40 profile in the front or stay at 35?

Thank you for your help, I will post my build up soon!

Attachments

• 1419669836317.jpg
    1419669836317.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 646
  • 1419669852466.jpg
    1419669852466.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
I like it.

I like it better with the taller profile. Don't like the 'rubber band' look. Also a little safer for the rim. I live in the land of pot-holes!:mad:

Thank you! Well let me tell you Oklahoma is not any better by no means, so your thinking 40 profile front and back or just front?

don't really care for it. low profile tires don't belong on a TR period.

Thank you! Well let me tell you Oklahoma is not any better by no means, so your thinking 40 profile front and back or just front?

I think your going to need more rubber under all 4 corners. What's the rest of the combo? Is it just for show? Or will it be a "pro-touring" set-up. Will you drag race it? Stab it on the street?

I think your going to need more rubber under all 4 corners. What's the rest of the combo? Is it just for show? Or will it be a "pro-touring" set-up. Will you drag race it? Stab it on the street?

I guess its called pro touring or pro street, still working on picking out the suspension, I will be in the 650hp range, I want that modern muscle feel with the g body. I will not be going to the drag strip just street driving.

Btw the total circumference of this setup is identical to factory

I guess its called pro touring or pro street, still working on picking out the suspension, I will be in the 650hp range, I want that modern muscle feel with the g body. I will not be going to the drag strip just street driving.

Btw the total circumference of this setup is identical to factory

Well, I like the look. Just make sure the rest of the combo got the balls to back it up. Some of us are partial to the drag look with wheel and tire combos, I'm open minded.

Well, I like the look. Just make sure the rest of the combo got the balls to back it up. Some of us are partial to the drag look with wheel and tire combos, I'm open minded.

I'll make sure everything is up to par and I'll keep you updated when they come in, thanks for your input!

Those look awesome. Interested to know how they fit as I been eyeing XXR with a star design.

X2

Everyone has 15-16" tires on these cars, mainly for traction. Props to anyone who branches out. I haven't seen anything over an 18" rim that still looks good on a g body yet but 18s (if the right style) look good to me. To each his own...

X2

Everyone has 15-16" tires on these cars, mainly for traction. Props to anyone who branches out. I haven't seen anything over an 18" rim that still looks good on a g body yet but 18s (if the right style) look good to me. To each his own...

Well, again it's a matter of personal taste. 18's should look great. And I personally hate the inner city ghetto look.

I believe form should follow function. Or even be enhanced by it. So, back to what I said earlier.......Build it to have the balls to back up it's look. As for me? I like mine like this for now.:sneaky:
Picture 004.jpg

Those look awesome. Interested to know how they fit as I been eyeing XXR with a star design.

I have heard great things about this brand, (light weight, price point, durable) and with adapters anything is possible and you can get the offset just right, the only thing is I have to change the bolt pattern with the adapter since they don't make ours.

Well, again it's a matter of personal taste. 18's should look great. And I personally hate the inner city ghetto look.

I believe form should follow function. Or even be enhanced by it. So, back to what I said earlier.......Build it to have the balls to back up it's look. As for me? I like mine like this for now.:sneaky:View attachment 242852

Beautiful car NY TT! I agree over 18" doesn't look right, I'm hoping these work out. My friend there will be balls, ball bearings spooling that is ;)

I have heard great things about this brand, (light weight, price point, durable) and with adapters anything is possible and you can get the offset just right, the only thing is I have to change the bolt pattern with the adapter since they don't make ours.

There are several GNs with XXR wheels, never looked into what is needed though.

Someone already used those wheels

Looked great.

i’ll try finding the thread.

D