Ok guys, i spared no expense on my car, what gives?

RE: question of the day.

if its anywhere near .035, its blowing the spark out!
I run mine .026-.028

That's what I'm thinking.

Put in some AC- R43TS plugs gapped at .028 and see if that fixes it.;)

. But, would the engine be able to pull 65# of fuel pressure if the filter was bad? .

Yes it could. I've seen it more than a few times. Pressure can be good and you can still lack volume. Change the O2 and the fuel filter, and see where you're at.

With WOT O2 voltage that low, the computer may be adding too much fuel. This would give you no knock, and no power. Take a look at the plugs and see if they are black and sooty.

Im here to help, but come on................... if I see one more post about somebody throwing parts at a car and expecting it to go fast Im going to scream................ TUNE YOUR CAR......... IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW ASK AND LISTEN HERE...........

Best 02 for race gas, heated........ or just run pump gas and meth and dont worry about your 02

Don't spare the expenses... Screw race gas, get alky and run pump gas all day long. Get a WB O2 and a power logger.

This is what you need to optimize your car.

The name of the game is the tune ! ! !

Not the parts you throw at it.

Just an opinion here, but I feel it will be agreed upon by many.

Mike

Get a heated O2 sensor, if your running race gas and u decide to turn your boost down and run regular pump gas your going to have to switch sensors... I have 2 myself. Just like someone else said in their post stop using race gas, change your sensor, buy a alky kit, and find someone that knows how to tune your car.

Damm I don't understand why it isn't flying ?? He HAS all the good parts !! woulda, coulda, shoulda situation here :wink:

Damm I don't understand why it isn't flying ?? He HAS all the good parts !! woulda, coulda, shoulda situation here :wink:

I agree, stop buying parts and work on the issue at hand.

Race gas is fine, and certainly safe to tune with.

Replace the O2 sensor to see whats up there.

The BLM's get locked at WOT on all the modern chips, so even a fubar'd O2 sensor will not make it run differently at WOT.

With the fuel filter, if you have full pressure at WOT, then its not restricting. But replacing the filter is just good maintenance.

to the O.P. what area are you in, there may be a board member or shop that can help figure this out.

Bob

I gap my plugs at 25-27. I run Denso O2 sensors for years with leaded gas no problems. I had the same problem years ago with it falling on its face at the 1/8th when I had gaps of 35, even with new plugs, wires, coilpack...

It is always the Tuna............:biggrin:

I can tuna fish...

I can't tuna a piano...

I can tuna Buick some, but helps to know an expert...

It don't matter who you are, that was meant to be funny !

Mike

Ok, I installed a new o2 sensor and the readings are still low around 550. I will try a new fuel filter and regap the plugs after work tonight.

Ps - I wasn't trying to make another "What will it run post" I know my car needs a good tune. Thats what ive been trying to do the last 3 days. I have a notepad in my car full of fuel pressures and scanmaster readings. I was just listing what the car had and what the problem was, to try and get some help. I don't really care what it runs as long as it runs right.

Tuna's rule :biggrin: seriously "Boost".. just play around with the car.. you will learn as ya go. :cool:

Ok, I installed a new o2 sensor and the readings are still low around 550. I will try a new fuel filter and regap the plugs after work tonight.

Ps - I wasn't trying to make another "What will it run post" I know my car needs a good tune. Thats what ive been trying to do the last 3 days. I have a notepad in my car full of fuel pressures and scanmaster readings. I was just listing what the car had and what the problem was, to try and get some help. I don't really care what it runs as long as it runs right.

Where are you located?

Are you locking that converter in 3rd gear at about 80-85 mph?

When racing that is. :smile:

all the "cool guy parts" :D:D:D

You guys act like because i'm new to the board that i don't know anything about an engine. I've actually had 2 Gn's and have been messing with them since i was 17. I was just asking for a little advice, not to be ridiculed.

Hey Sullen looks like you got quite a few "cool guy parts" yourself. I bet you were born knowing everything about these cars huh?

Update!..... I just got through installing a Denso "lead resistant" O2 sensor, and regapped my plugs to .28. The car runs flawless! My scanmaster shows O2 readings at 800 and i can run the boost up to 25 psi with no knock!

Thanks so much to the guys that actually helped me fix my problem.;) You were spot on about the bad O2 sensor and the wrong spark plug gap. This car really pins my head to the headrest now!:cool:

Can't wait to get to the track this weekend and see what it will run!

Glad you got that fixed. I still suggest Alkycontrol. You'll be replacing O2s often with race gas. With alky no problem and you still can run high boost.:smile: