Something is going away on my car??

wb's87

willrock
Last year my car would 60' 1.58-1.65 range depending on weather, track etc. This is off the foot brake with a 2step set at 2800rpm. Any higher rpm would push the car through the lights. This year the only change I made to the car was going from MT street SS to MT street radial pro tires. And a brand new alky pump. With the 2step at 2800rpm the best 60' times are in the mid 1.7 range. I raised the 2step to 3000rpm and now the car is back in the mid 1.6's. I think something is going away. Torque convertor, transmission, engine??? I really have no clue. The car runs great and normal driving everything feels good. Any thoughts or direction I should look are appreciated. PL file attached.

Thanks, Bill Brooks

Attachments

• pt6.dat
    271 KB · Views: 51
how is the trap speed?
liquid filled fuel press guages vary with temp unless vented. Could be fuel press is different since then?

I'm no expert on sixty foot, haha. However I think that could be simply tire pressure or the tire type or similar small stuff to affect it like that. Since mph is still there I wouldn't worry.

I'm no expert on sixty foot, haha. However I think that could be simply tire pressure or the tire type or similar small stuff to affect it like that. Since mph is still there I wouldn't worry.

I always worry about my car. I've dodged most of the bullets so far. Thank god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the file and I'm far from an expert but it looks like your pretty rich through 1st gear. Maybe the new alky pump is delivering much better than to old one.

How was the weather from one outing to the other? These cars greatly affected by atmospheric conditions.

Looking at the file and I'm far from an expert but it looks like your pretty rich through 1st gear. Maybe the new alky pump is delivering much better than to old one.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the file. I agree 100% with what you said. I should try to turn down my alky turn on point a little bit.

How was the weather from one outing to the other? These cars greatly affected by atmospheric conditions.

Agreed. Thanks for the response. On average I would say that to achieve the same 60' times I'm having to launch 200rpm and 3-4 lbs more boost.

Last year my car would 60' 1.58-1.65 range depending on weather, track etc. This is off the foot brake with a 2step set at 2800rpm. Any higher rpm would push the car through the lights. This year the only change I made to the car was going from MT street SS to MT street radial pro tires. And a brand new alky pump. With the 2step at 2800rpm the best 60' times are in the mid 1.7 range. I raised the 2step to 3000rpm and now the car is back in the mid 1.6's. I think something is going away. Torque convertor, transmission, engine??? I really have no clue. The car runs great and normal driving everything feels good. Any thoughts or direction I should look are appreciated. PL file attached.

Thanks, Bill Brooks
One thing to consider is the fact that the ss and pro are 2 very different tires.the ss has a different sidewall stiffness than the pro.on my car at its current power level the pro is the faster tire but I went from the og et street radial to the ss same size and it had much more wheel speed and spun more easily,then I went to the pro and that did the job.on a friends car the radial pulls more g force on the launch and has a lower 60ft vs a set of slicks.i agree that to much alky can soften the 60ft but 1.58 vs 1.7s plus more rpm to do so points in the direction of something else.are the tires sizes and height the same?

One thing to consider is the fact that the ss and pro are 2 very different tires.the ss has a different sidewall stiffness than the pro.on my car at its current power level the pro is the faster tire but I went from the og et street radial to the ss same size and it had much more wheel speed and spun more easily,then I went to the pro and that did the job.on a friends car the radial pulls more g force on the launch and has a lower 60ft vs a set of slicks.i agree that to much alky can soften the 60ft but 1.58 vs 1.7s plus more rpm to do so points in the direction of something else.are the tires sizes and height the same?

Yes. Same size. 275/60-15

Yes. Same size. 275/60-15

I tried turning the alky down from 6 to 5 on the controller. I had 1.5* of KR at the top of 3rd so I turned it back up.

Ok I'm going to quote myself lol your not dropping width you have increased it

I have no way of comparing New to old as the old are long gone. I really feel like it's something else though. I think I'm going to try to make up a boost leak detector.

I have no way of comparing New to old as the old are long gone. I really feel like it's something else though. I think I'm going to try to make up a boost leak detector.

They have the dimensions of both tires on my website but we actually measure it.the pro is a little taller and wider has more rollout.there might be something else and combo of a few things.looking at g force and wheel speed would take the guessing out.