Oh No!!!!!!

Im just curious, why are you getting rid of it? Is there problems or something? I kinda doubt that the cam caused the vavles to get bent. I wouldnt mind having it if it's nice with no scratches.

Im just curious, why are you getting rid of it? Is there problems or something? I kinda doubt that the cam caused the vavles to get bent. I wouldnt mind having it if it's nice with no scratches.

I would feel better if i go back to stock...I dont want to take any chances...I just want to get the car running...the cam still looks new I might try to repackage it and swap it with the one i bought from autozone

the cam still looks new I might try to repackage it and swap it with the one i bought from autozone[/QUOTE]

Are you saying to put your old cam in the new box & return it? Then the next guy will get the Wrong Cam when he spends his $$ & chances are he will have no idea its not the right cam. I dont think thats a cool move to do.

the cam still looks new I might try to repackage it and swap it with the one i bought from autozone

Are you saying to put your old cam in the new box & return it? Then the next guy will get the Wrong Cam when he spends his $$ & chances are he will have no idea its not the right cam. I dont think thats a cool move to do.[/QUOTE]

well does anyone have a waste gate they will trade for it???

Are you saying to put your old cam in the new box & return it? Then the next guy will get the Wrong Cam when he spends his $$ & chances are he will have no idea its not the right cam. I dont think thats a cool move to do.

well does anyone have a waste gate they will trade for it???[/QUOTE]

acuator or flapper assembly?

A.j.

well does anyone have a waste gate they will trade for it???

acuator or flapper assembly?

A.j.[/QUOTE]

both....for the wastegate flapper it needs to be one from a 83 that used the big downpipe ...my 80 waste gate will not fit my downpipe unless I use a donut gasket between them

thanks Charlie I got the valve covers in this week...I was hoping to get everything slapped back together but the camshaft,head gasket and timing seal havnt arrived yet