Oh No!!!!!!

Thats all I had when I put it on. kinda a pain to get the spring on with the timing set on but its possible.

i hope thats all I need...i wonder why would they make the other one....do you know where i can find a illustration of how the spring and damper are

The top one is correct and the second one is for the later FWD motors. It doesn't go on the RWD blocks. Check with a GM dealer and see if they have the bolt and spring. If not go visit a junk yard and see if you can find one. I've got to do this as well if I go with the single roller but I think I'm going to go with the double later.

The top one is correct and the second one is for the later FWD motors. It doesn't go on the RWD blocks. Check with a GM dealer and see if they have the bolt and spring. If not go visit a junk yard and see if you can find one. I've got to do this as well if I go with the single roller but I think I'm going to go with the double later.

the spring came with the top one...all i need to do is find the bolt....

Add an s to the back of the site name. IE: turbobuicks. Go to the first section and you will find a sticky at the top for tech. Earls mods are there.
Did the machinist tell you which valve was bent? Look at the pistons and see if there's a mark where it kissed. You may need to take the pistons out and have them fly cut for more clearance. this shouldn't have been a problem but the block/heads may have been surfaced more than you thought. What head gasket were you using? There are thick and thin ones so you may need a slightly thicker one to help clearance.

the piston look good no marks at all...i was using the felpro hg from autozone...I was wondering should i reuse them they still look good and flat....how do i install the timing damper do i just put the damper on the bolt then the spring...can someone explain this i just dont want to install it wrong

the piston look good no marks at all...i was using the felpro hg from autozone...I was wondering should i reuse them they still look good and flat....how do i install the timing damper do i just put the damper on the bolt then the spring...can someone explain this i just dont want to install it wrong

Do NOT reuse the head gaskets. Get new ones. Which Felpros did you get? Are they composite or stamped steel?
As far as the tensioner, you put the bolt through the tensioner and mount it to the block, then put the spring in the unthreaded hole and bend it enough to go to the back of the tensioner.

Do NOT reuse the head gaskets. Get new ones. Which Felpros did you get? Are they composite or stamped steel?
As far as the tensioner, you put the bolt through the tensioner and mount it to the block, then put the spring in the unthreaded hole and bend it enough to go to the back of the tensioner.

the part number for the hg are 8723PT-1 i got them from autozone

Something for you to read then.
TurboBuicks.com - Display Head Gaskets
You had the wrong head gaskets for a turbo motor. You need the Felpro 9441PT which are designed for a turbo app. They're also a little thicker. Call your machinist and make sure which valve was bent and where. If it's at the head of the valve you kissed something and the only thing it can kiss is the piston. If it got bent from the rockers you should be ok.

dot to dot

well i called auto zone and and advance 78-84 use the regular gasket I used at first...I asked him for hg for a 86 regal turbo 9441pt ...i ordered 2 of them they were 23.99 a piece...

the valves were bent sort at the end he put the first on some type of machine that spins and u could see a wobble the second was bent in the middle...so now i have 2 new valves...guides cut .040....and a valve job including new seals...this is the 3rd time the heads been to a machine shop but this time I chose a different shop he told me the first 2 jobs were half ass...poorly done.... do you all think my pistons will hit my valves???? the car ain't big at all I only paid 60 bucks for it

You kissed a piston for sure. Now we just need to figure out which one. Take a pic of each bank and email them to me. I might be able to see something you missed. Sometimes it's very hard to see the marks if you're not used to looking for them.
The early turbo cars use a stamped steel headgasket so if yours was composite they don't know what they're talking about. RJC is the only one still making them but they are kinda pricy.

You kissed a piston for sure. Now we just need to figure out which one. Take a pic of each bank and email them to me. I might be able to see something you missed. Sometimes it's very hard to see the marks if you're not used to looking for them.
The early turbo cars use a stamped steel headgasket so if yours was composite they don't know what they're talking about. RJC is the only one still making them but they are kinda pricy.

i think i might take the cam out and go with a stock one...i dont have time to pull the motor or go inside to take pistons out...

The correct head gaskets will help with the clearance issue first off. The second thing is go to the zone and do the loan a tool thing and get the overhead valve spring compressor. Before you change anything out use the old head gaskets to bolt the heads on and with the valve springs off you can see if they're hitting and how much. You can use clay on the top of the piston to see where and if you need to cut them. If you're careful you can use a dremel with a cut off disc to make valve reliefs and it shouldn't mess with the balance much.

The correct head gaskets will help with the clearance issue first off. The second thing is go to the zone and do the loan a tool thing and get the overhead valve spring compressor. Before you change anything out use the old head gaskets to bolt the heads on and with the valve springs off you can see if they're hitting and how much. You can use clay on the top of the piston to see where and if you need to cut them. If you're careful you can use a dremel with a cut off disc to make valve reliefs and it shouldn't mess with the balance much.

the head gaskets will be here tomorrow....im still trying to decide if i want to cut the pistons i would prefer just to go with a stock cam i didnt know it wouldbe this much work just because i went a little more than stock with the cam

the head gaskets will be here tomorrow....im still trying to decide if i want to cut the pistons i would prefer just to go with a stock cam i didnt know it wouldbe this much work just because i went a little more than stock with the cam

It shouldn't have been a problem but whoever you got to machine the block ect should've checked some of this for you. If you decide to go back to a "stock" cam at least go with the 86-87 cam. It does have a little more lift so there won't be a problem. .419 is the max so you know it will clear the pistons for sure.

ok well i went ahead and ordered a 86 gn cam SBC-14 is the part number...anybody interested in buying the camshaft in now ill sell it for 45.00...